1D4 error message 30 - Yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARKOE PHOTOE

Photography is a love affair with life.
I picked up a used 1D4 last week that have 100K miles on it. Seemed to work well, ran it through a couple of tests from what I can see on the fly and it worked and functioned as designed. Paid $2,600 for it.
Shot two soccer matches this weekend and on the second day it pretty much crapped out at the third quarter.

I shoot Ai Servo high shutter speed on Canon glass, 70-200 2.8L II + TC 2.0X II onto 1000X CF card and SD card at the same time. RAW to CF and Jpg to SD.

'Err 30' pops up and tells me to shut down, remove and reinstall battery and start up again. This didn't do anything and I could only take one shot. I tried other modes with no success. How frustrating.

Packed it up and sent it to Canon today for service. I've got one more game and then team portraits to do next weekend. I've got a 5D3 and 7D for back up but I've gotten attached to the 1D4 just recently.

Any other 1D4 users experience this?

MARKOE PHOTOE

Photography is a love affair with life.
New shutter required per Canon service today at total cost of $303. Still think I'm on the winning side for a 1D4 with a new heart (shutter) for just under $3K. ::)

Would rather have a 1DX but really can't afford it unless someone wants to trade theirs for a 1D4 and/or 7D plus a bunch of Canon L glass. Lets make a deal! ;D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.