1dx3 shipping info?

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Canon Price Watch is showing it still out of stock at all their listed authorized dealers. One of the dealers is showing a "ships Feb, 28" notation. About a week ago Buy Dig (authorized dealer) had some in stock according to CPW, but they are now showing it out of stock. I know that isn't much help, but maybe the Feb. 28 date is a reasonable target.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jun 23, 2014
I preordered from B&H about 3 days after preorders opened in January. It shipped on Feb. 13 but I never received it due to a screwup on their end. Long story short, someone at the B&H warehouse accidentally put two shipping labels on the box -- one for me and one for someone else's order -- and it was delivered to another customer instead of me.

Ordered again from the Canon Direct store last week but they are backordered. The Canon store did have it in stock early last week though.

All this being said, I haven't personally heard of anyone who actually has it yet.

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Canon Price Watch is showing it still out of stock at all their listed authorized dealers. One of the dealers is showing a "ships Feb, 28" notation. About a week ago Buy Dig (authorized dealer) had some in stock according to CPW, but they are now showing it out of stock. I know that isn't much help, but maybe the Feb. 28 date is a reasonable target.
Feb 28 is also the last weekday in February. More than likely it was just someone who heard Canon say "ships in February" and decided to set the date for the last day in February to cover their bases. I doubt that date was based on any real indication that it would actually ship on that date.

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
I ordered mine before it was announced so about nine months ago. I had a 1DX MKII which I have sold. I am attending a Canon launch event for the 1DX MKIII tomorrow where their will be just one Camera on show. I will find out then when Canon intend on fulfilling orders and will post their response here.
Please let me know the trick on how to order an unannounced camera. This may come handy one day. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Jul 19, 2011
Please let me know the trick on how to order an unannounced camera.

Easy. You have a local CPS contract dealer and place an order
at whatever the thing will cost. The dealer creates a fictitious SKU
in his warehouse system and takes orders, building a waiting list.
When the product is finally released, the dealer replaces the fictitious
SKU with the real SKU, and voilà - there you have it.

You should have the money stacked by then, of course.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Easy. You have a local CPS contract dealer and place an order
at whatever the thing will cost. The dealer creates a fictitious SKU
in his warehouse system and takes orders, building a waiting list.
When the product is finally released, the dealer replaces the fictitious
SKU with the real SKU, and voilà - there you have it.

You should have the money stacked by then, of course.

"Local CPS contract dealers" are only a thing in certain world areas. That's not the way Canon USA, for example, markets anything. CPS is strictly for service after purchase in the U.S.

Upvote 0
Jul 19, 2011
"Local CPS contract dealers" are only a thing in certain world areas. That's not the way Canon USA, for example, markets anything. CPS is strictly for service after purchase in the U.S.

In Germany you have to be a licensed dealer in order to buy
certain Canon products. Go to one of these. Canon lists them
on their website.

At least that is how it works for me.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
In Germany you have to be a licensed dealer in order to buy
certain Canon products. Go to one of these. Canon lists them
on their website.

At least that is how it works for me.

Not all of us are in Germany. In fact, most of us are not.

There are authorized Canon dealers in the U.S., but that has nothing to do with CPS. Dealers have nothing to do with CPS in the U.S., it's all direct between the user and Canon. But CPS here is only about repair service and loaners, not about buying.

Upvote 0