1DxIII Recent Shipments

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I'm just curious if anyone who has placed an order within the last month or so for a 1Dx III has received a shipment or a notice of shipment or an estimate of shipment. I know some of the pre-orders have been received, but curious if more recent orders are gradually trickling out or if everything is pretty much shut down. Adorama says "on backorder" and B&H says "coming soon." Canon Price Watch posted that another dealer had a single body available -- sold out almost immediately.

I'm planning to wait until the supply chain improves as I'm in no rush now that all college sports have been shut down and probably will remain so for the remainder of the spring. I'm just wondering what others have experienced.

Nov 1, 2012
I'm just curious if anyone who has placed an order within the last month or so for a 1Dx III has received a shipment or a notice of shipment or an estimate of shipment. I know some of the pre-orders have been received, but curious if more recent orders are gradually trickling out or if everything is pretty much shut down. Adorama says "on backorder" and B&H says "coming soon." Canon Price Watch posted that another dealer had a single body available -- sold out almost immediately.

I'm planning to wait until the supply chain improves as I'm in no rush now that all college sports have been shut down and probably will remain so for the remainder of the spring. I'm just wondering what others have experienced.

Yea I'm also thinking I should order soon to get mine ~June time frame as I have big event in July. But now I'm thinking most likely the event will be postponed so I guess I can still wait a bit.

Interesting times.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
I placed my order about 6 weeks ago and have heard nada...crickets....beginning to wonder if the Coronavirus is having an impact on the shipment of canon products...no one seems to be talking....starting to get a little worried that this camera may be a long time in the coming if you don't already have one....
I keep hearing that there was to be a shipment last week but it is beginning to look like that ain't happening too....I still have to suspect that a lot of people, due to the world wide recession (or depression) will be cancelling their orders.

Upvote 0