2 Mega Rare Birds from Alaska

R1-7D

EOS 7D MK II
Jun 25, 2012
684
24
Canada
Jack Douglas said:
Getting to see them and shoot them is a thrill but getting that quality of shots takes it a notch higher. Wow.

Jack
This!

Jack is right -- simply stunning work.
 

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
Sep 9, 2014
376
75
52
Very nice images! Lucky you - not in the quality of the photos, because your skill/knowledge shows, but rather in the sighting of these two! And thanks for sharing with us.
 

AlanF

Everyone sits in the prison of his own ideas. A E
Aug 16, 2012
5,237
2,256
rpt said:
Excellent shots! What gear did you use and what time of the day was it?
It will be interesting to see if he answers your questions - I don't recall him ever coming back after posting to answer. He is very good.
 

ethanz

1DX II
Apr 12, 2016
991
246
ethanzentz.com
AlanF said:
rpt said:
Excellent shots! What gear did you use and what time of the day was it?
It will be interesting to see if he answers your questions - I don't recall him ever coming back after posting to answer. He is very good.
Probably his 600mm and 7d2 or 5d4. With a little fill flash.
 

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
746
643
Feeling my face getting red and my eyes wet... What else to say?
 

docsmith

EOS 6D MK II
Sep 17, 2010
848
199
ethanz said:
AlanF said:
rpt said:
Excellent shots! What gear did you use and what time of the day was it?
It will be interesting to see if he answers your questions - I don't recall him ever coming back after posting to answer. He is very good.
Probably his 600mm and 7d2 or 5d4. With a little fill flash.

You can check by downloading and checking the exif information was still attached.

The last image:

7DII, 840 mm, 1/400, f/8 ISO 320

The dimensions could compressing during processing, cropping or both, but it is 1,490 x 997.

If Glenn does come back around....excellent work....
 

ethanz

1DX II
Apr 12, 2016
991
246
ethanzentz.com
docsmith said:
ethanz said:
AlanF said:
rpt said:
Excellent shots! What gear did you use and what time of the day was it?
It will be interesting to see if he answers your questions - I don't recall him ever coming back after posting to answer. He is very good.
Probably his 600mm and 7d2 or 5d4. With a little fill flash.

You can check by downloading and checking the exif information was still attached.

The last image:

7DII, 840 mm, 1/400, f/8 ISO 320

The dimensions could compressing during processing, cropping or both, but it is 1,490 x 997.

If Glenn does come back around....excellent work....
So 600 with the 1.4x