2019 Super Bowl Cameras

Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
As always, I like to watch the super bowl for the production and cameras, not the football. Saw tons of big whites as usual. At the end when Brady was walking around and all the reporters were swarming him, I just saw a circle of 1dx and red rings. I think I saw 1 sony. Not sure if I saw any Nikons.

What about you guys, what did you see?

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
I was looking at video cameras, and did not see any white lenses, I think they were possibly Fujinon, Panasonic and maybe Canon or Sony. Of course, the big broadcast cameras undoubtedly used Sony cameras with box lenses from Canon or Fujinon, $$$$$$.

Talys

Canon 6DII
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Good to see I'm not the only person more interested in the cameras than the game :). That was the most boring game ever, with the highlight being the ad with the cake and all the (real) players celebrating the 100th anniversary.

I also saw a sea of big whites, and didn't notice any nikons.

Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
Sorry, didn’t watch it, can’t be bothered with anything to do with chasing sacks of air! Not wishing to rain on a parade but there are white Sony lenses, the Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS that I tried during the shoot of the HSL102 launch was definitely white, slightly different shade but white! You guys sure all the white was Canon? :unsure: It would be great if it was, it would be a fine example of how so many pros are going Sony! :oops: :censored:

Cheers, Graham.

Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
Hi Folks.
Sorry, didn’t watch it, can’t be bothered with anything to do with chasing sacks of air! Not wishing to rain on a parade but there are white Sony lenses, the Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS that I tried during the shoot of the HSL102 launch was definitely white, slightly different shade but white! You guys sure all the white was Canon? :unsure: It would be great if it was, it would be a fine example of how so many pros are going Sony! :oops::censored:

Cheers, Graham.
I saw some photos and I did see one or two nikons surrounding Brady. I am pretty sure the white lenses were not sony.

Mt Spokane Photography

Mar 25, 2011
In addition to a fair number of 4k and 5K cameras, broadcasters used a few 8K cameras as well. The total number of broadcast video cameras was something like 115, and the 3D technology was greatly improved but still felt like a gimmick.

Mt Spokane Photography

Mar 25, 2011
After further review from another shot, I saw two sonys and two/three nikons around Brady. 10 other cameras were canon.
Some of those may be recognizable by the lens, but I don't know lens shapes well enough, gold ring for Nikon, Red for Canon, black is probably Sony, but there can be exceptions.