Canon EOS-1D X Mark III manual available for download

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon USA has posted the manual for soon-to-be-shipping Canon EOS-1D X Mark III.
The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is scheduled to begin shipping this week.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Manual // Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Preorder

What you get when you preorder from us.

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Body
64gb CFexpress card and reader
$100 gift certificate from Lensrentals.com (Exclusive, USA Only)
A chance to have your entire purchase refunded by Adorama! (Refund occurs once the return period has ended)

Preorder the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Now!

Continue reading...

Jun 23, 2014
Does anyone know when it actually begins shipping to customers, i.e. when B&H and others will start filling orders? Release date is February 13 but I can't get a definite answer on what that means. Some are saying the 13th is the date B&H, Adorama and others will begin shipping orders, others are saying that's the date Canon begins sending stock to retailers.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know when it actually begins shipping to customers, i.e. when B&H and others will start filling orders? Release date is February 13 but I can't get a definite answer on what that means. Some are saying the 13th is the date B&H, Adorama and others will begin shipping orders, others are saying that's the date Canon begins sending stock to retailers.
I preordered from my local store, and they said I would get it on the 13th

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
The most interesting part of the new manual for the DPP software: page 164: Preparation for working with files saved in HEVC Format … To work with files in the above format shot with EOS R/Ra or EOS 5d Mark IV …
HEVC shot with EOS R or EOS 5D IV? This sounds like an upcoming firmware update.
Interesting - I was wondering whether we would actually get anymore of those for the old EOS R bodies.

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne

For Australia I was told it's the 14th. I've also been told that the first shipment here is oversubscibed with pre-orders. I'm hoping to pick up mine tomorrow.

Upvote 0
When you reduce the bit depth you increase the readout speed of the sensor. When the electronic shutter is being used, the readout speed has to be as fast as possible to reduce rolling shutter effects.

Yeah, you have less range for edition, but to call that useless... unless you reaally push your edit it may still be ok (Happen sometimes with landscape).

For sports and wildlife ? I don't really see that as a necessary problem ?
From what even the a9 does that with their compressed raw

Upvote 0