Hot Deals: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $1999 and more instant rebates from Canon USA

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon USA has started a new round of instant rebates. The headlining camera is the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, which has been discounted to $500, which brings the price down to $1999 for the workhorse.  I suppose Canon is getting ready for the launch of the Canon EOS R5.
New camera instant rebates:

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $1999 (Reg $2499)
Canon EOS RP $899 (Reg $999)
Canon EOS RP 26.2MP w/ RF 24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM $999 (Reg $1399
Canon EOS 90D $1149 (Reg $1199)
Canon EOS Rebel T7i $649 (Reg $749)

This week, our exclusive affiliate partner Adorama also launched the Adorama Edge credit card, which will give you easy 6-month and 12-month financing plans for everything at Adorama, along with...

Continue reading...

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
So, the 5D IV is now $2,000 and the predictions are that the R5 will cost just under $4,000. (Can't wait to see what the CPW street price of the 5D IV will be)

Just some speculation, but if you don't need the video features of the R5, is it really going to be worth nearly twice as much for the R5?

I know that on this forum there are tons of technology geeks who will pay almost any price for the R5, but in the real world, is that going to be the case?

Factor in supply chain issues and pent up demand that could mean that the R5 will be difficult to acquire until well into 2021 versus the immediate availability of the 5D IV.

Get a 5D IV today with nearly $2,000 to spend on a lens or lenses; or pre-order an R5 and get ready to either start over on your lens collection or use an adapter.

Of course, the reduction in price of the 5D IV likely signals that the 5D V is on its way, so it may not be fair to compare the two prices.

Could this be the beginning of a new price strategy on the part of Canon? Suppose the 5D V comes under $3,000? Canon could probably do that since the incremental development costs of the 5D V have largely already been spent on previous models, the 1Dx III and the R5 sensor. Also, actual manufacturing costs will be incremental as well, since it will certainly share many of the 5D IV body's features.

Could this signal Canon's strategy for the future of DSLRs. Take advantage of pent up demand for mirrorless to keep the R prices high and then reduce margins on the 5D series?

Let the arguments begin. :)

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
So, the 5D IV is now $2,000 and the predictions are that the R5 will cost just under $4,000. (Can't wait to see what the CPW street price of the 5D IV will be)

Just some speculation, but if you don't need the video features of the R5, is it really going to be worth nearly twice as much for the R5?

I know that on this forum there are tons of technology geeks who will pay almost any price for the R5, but in the real world, is that going to be the case?

Factor in supply chain issues and pent up demand that could mean that the R5 will be difficult to acquire until well into 2021 versus the immediate availability of the 5D IV.

Get a 5D IV today with nearly $2,000 to spend on a lens or lenses; or pre-order an R5 and get ready to either start over on your lens collection or use an adapter.

Of course, the reduction in price of the 5D IV likely signals that the 5D V is on its way, so it may not be fair to compare the two prices.

Could this be the beginning of a new price strategy on the part of Canon? Suppose the 5D V comes under $3,000? Canon could probably do that since the incremental development costs of the 5D V have largely already been spent on previous models, the 1Dx III and the R5 sensor. Also, actual manufacturing costs will be incremental as well, since it will certainly share many of the 5D IV body's features.

Could this signal Canon's strategy for the future of DSLRs. Take advantage of pent up demand for mirrorless to keep the R prices high and then reduce margins on the 5D series?

Not to me, I just don’t see the price/IQ equation making sense to me.

Upvote 0

canonmike

EOS R6
CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013

Some interesting points.

Upvote 0

CanonOregon

Having fun with what I have to shoot with now.
Sep 12, 2012
Oregon
And so it begins...moving towards the end of the optical dSLR! That price would seem to indicate Canon wants them gone soon. So no matter the price difference Canon does seem to be signally something here. The two grand is more my current price range but I find that price drop almost a statement- what did it first start out at? $3500?

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
And so it begins...moving towards the end of the optical dSLR! That price would seem to indicate Canon wants them gone soon. So no matter the price difference Canon does seem to be signally something here. The two grand is more my current price range but I find that price drop almost a statement- what did it first start out at? $3500?
I suspect they realize the R5 is going to suck all the oxygen in the room until a 5D V is released so they want to reduce stock.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

CanonOregon

Having fun with what I have to shoot with now.
Sep 12, 2012
Oregon
I suspect they realize the R5 is going to suck all the oxygen in the room until a 5D V is released so they want to reduce stock.
Agreed but I wonder if a 5D V will actually come or is Canon going all mirrorless? Or maybe just keep the '1D X' line in dSLRs? Especially with all they're throwing into that R5!

Upvote 0