500px users, please help - Color issues

Half Way To Nothing

A SLR one hit wonder..
Jul 28, 2012
Scotland
www.flickr.com
Hi all,

Using a Color corrected (Spyder 3) Laptop, I edit my photos (RAW) on CS6 and Lightroom.

I then add them to 500px and they look as I edited them when viewed on my Laptop.

When I then view them on my iPad they look darker and dull.

I thought maybe it was just an iPad issue, but it is not. I took a screen shot on the iPad and emailed the dull photo to myself and viewed it on the PC expecting it now to be as before, but it remains dull.

What am I doing wrong?? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for looking and the help

Attachments

• Ideal.jpg
    Ideal.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 302
  • Dull.jpg
    Dull.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 285

cid

"light is defining shape"
Nov 27, 2012
500px.com
Half Way To Nothing said:
Just to add to this.

When i view the above post on my iPad the original picture is as I want it!!

Is it an 500 PX issue??

what color space are you using? I had similar issues when I uploaded pictures in Adobe RGB 1998 color space. As far as I know most web browsers and also sites are optimized to use sRGB and sometimes even convert photos to this color space and this can be the issue of color shift in your image.

For me worked uploading photos in sRGB (you can set it as export colorspace in lightroom or photoshope when saving jpg). ;)

Upvote 0

Half Way To Nothing

A SLR one hit wonder..
Jul 28, 2012
Scotland
www.flickr.com
cid said:
Just to add to this.

Is it an 500 PX issue??

what color space are you using? I had similar issues when I uploaded pictures in Adobe RGB 1998 color space. As far as I know most web browsers and also sites are optimized to use sRGB and sometimes even convert photos to this color space and this can be the issue of color shift in your image.

For me worked uploading photos in sRGB (you can set it as export colorspace in lightroom or photoshope when saving jpg). ;)

Thank you,

Changing it so sRGB has worked fine!!

Upvote 0

cid

"light is defining shape"
Nov 27, 2012
500px.com
cid said:
Just to add to this.

Is it an 500 PX issue??

Thank you,

Changing it so sRGB has worked fine!!

I'm glad to hear that, you are welcome ;)

Upvote 0