5D Mark III Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
mtavel said:
samueljay said:
Looks like there's plenty of stock! Hopefully I have mine sooner rather than later :D

I count 10 of them in the picture... I suspect that won't quite fulfill the preorders :D
Canon China only offer these small sellers max ten 5D3s each time, and they are forced to take at least five 60Ds at the same time. That's the policy in Canon China, if the seller want the latest product, they have to take something else which aren't selling well at the moment.

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

Mt Spokane Photography said:
Too bad it can't be turned down to say ISO 5 like some of the old film. That also would enable creative shooting without resorting to light reducing filters.

I often use iso50 which doesn't seem to be common practise. Subjectively on the 5D2 this seems to enhance the IQ with better colours. Anyone else find this??

Upvote 0
briansquibb said:
Too bad it can't be turned down to say ISO 5 like some of the old film. That also would enable creative shooting without resorting to light reducing filters.

I often use iso50 which doesn't seem to be common practise. Subjectively on the 5D2 this seems to enhance the IQ with better colours. Anyone else find this??

Really? never tried it but i will now :D thanks for the tip

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

wickidwombat said:
briansquibb said:

Really? never tried it but i will now :D thanks for the tip

;)

Upvote 0
J

Joseph

The store I shop at , called me yesterday ( 13th ) to make a payment on the 5D Mark III. They said they are receiving 6 bodies this week - I was the 5th of the 6 people they called to pre-pay for it and qualify for first to get one , they said they will be giving them to their costomers by this Saturday at latest !!!! I'm super excited - They have 130 people on their list , thankfully I was number 5 !!!!! So some stores are getting , and giving them a little earlier.

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

Joseph said:
The store I shop at , called me yesterday ( 13th ) to make a payment on the 5D Mark III. They said they are receiving 6 bodies this week - I was the 5th of the 6 people they called to pre-pay for it and qualify for first to get one , they said they will be giving them to their costomers by this Saturday at latest !!!! I'm super excited - They have 130 people on their list , thankfully I was number 5 !!!!! So some stores are getting , and giving them a little earlier.

That is good news!!!

;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
simonxu11 said:
Canon China only offer these small sellers max ten 5D3s each time, and they are forced to take at least five 60Ds at the same time. That's the policy in Canon China, if the seller want the latest product, they have to take something else which aren't selling well at the moment.

Thats pretty common everywhere. You need to buy and sell a broad section of the Canon line before they let you sell the pro models.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, if a dealer only wants to provide cameras for professionals, why not.

Its Canon's way of trying to protect their big sellers from small outfits that want to sell hot models, grab a buck, and disappear.

Upvote 0
avbmenon said:
Has anyone here been charged yet for BHPhoto orders yet? I tried chatting with the guys at BH yesterday but they currently have no clue of how many pre-orders would be satisfied in the first go.

My card got charged pretty much after I pre-ordered... as if it was a normal transaction. It even shows up on my closing statement now. Does that mean I get to be part of the first batch of shipments?! :)

Attachments

• 5diii_credit_card_charge.jpg
    5diii_credit_card_charge.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 520
Upvote 0

justsomedude

5Dm4, 5Dm4, 5Dm3, 6Dm1
Feb 20, 2011
Denver, CO
www.akphoto.com
aZhu said:
avbmenon said:
Has anyone here been charged yet for BHPhoto orders yet? I tried chatting with the guys at BH yesterday but they currently have no clue of how many pre-orders would be satisfied in the first go.

My card got charged pretty much after I pre-ordered... as if it was a normal transaction. It even shows up on my closing statement now. Does that mean I get to be part of the first batch of shipments?! :)

Looks like your card also got charged at LaLa's Argentine Grill, Amazon Marketplace, Target, and Wingstop.

;D

Upvote 0
briansquibb said:

All it does is shot ISO 100 one stop over-exposed....

Upvote 0
justsomedude said:
aZhu said:
avbmenon said:

Looks like your card also got charged at LaLa's Argentine Grill, Amazon Marketplace, Target, and Wingstop.

;D

Hah, don't use that filter if you are in the witness protection system.

Upvote 0
LetTheRightLensIn said:
briansquibb said:

do you mean under exposed?
lower iso = less exposure for same aperture and shutter speed

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

LetTheRightLensIn said:
briansquibb said:

By under exposing by 1 stop it means that you can get away without using a 1 stop ND filter and avoid any issues that might bring - like colour cast and fitting/removing the filter in the heat of getting shots. Less unnecessary glass = better IQ

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.