5D Mark III & RAW Video, A Case Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 5D Mark III & RAW Video, A Case Study

Jent said:
LOL eyeland ;D

In all seriousness, as Phillip Bloom said, it is an awesome accomplishment for ML and it is phenomenal that they have allowed DSLR owners to shoot RAW. However, do most people need to shoot RAW - no. Unless you're super well off, you are going to be blowing alot of cash. I'm gonna wait to get a 5DIII after they fix the kinks.

That word "need" is a funny one. Six years ago, there was no "need" for a smartphone. Now everyone "needs" a smartphone. It might take more than six years for RAW video to be a "need". But it will probably happen.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Re: 5D Mark III & RAW Video, A Case Study

dirtcastle said:
Jent said:
LOL eyeland ;D

In all seriousness, as Phillip Bloom said, it is an awesome accomplishment for ML and it is phenomenal that they have allowed DSLR owners to shoot RAW. However, do most people need to shoot RAW - no. Unless you're super well off, you are going to be blowing alot of cash. I'm gonna wait to get a 5DIII after they fix the kinks.

That word "need" is a funny one. Six years ago, there was no "need" for a smartphone. Now everyone "needs" a smartphone. It might take more than six years for RAW video to be a "need". But it will probably happen.

Yeah...I keep thinking that this color TV thing is still pretty much just a fad that will fade away myself....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.