5D MKII Used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
architect said:
What's a fair going price for it these days? Looking to close a deal on a 5D MKII $1400 with 43k actuation. Is there a lot of life left on it? Thanks. I'm hoping it's still a solid camera as the MK III is too rich and 6D is somewhat of a rip off. Thanks.

Yes. Just take a laptop with you and verify with EOS count.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I paid $1407 thru the Canon refurb program for a virtually ned camera that had under 300 actuations and a 90 day waranty. The price went up $100, but I suspect it will drop back to $1400 or lower as Canon inventory of refurbs will build rapidly with new ones going for $1799.
I'd likely not want to save a few hundred dollars on a used one. Just one trip to Canon for a minor repair would eatup most or all of the savings. If the original batteries are used, they may soon need replacement, and if it comes with third party junk batteries, you will need to spend $100 on a good one to get reliability.
Make sure that the batteries are genuine Canon and that they have three bars when viewed in the battery window of setup.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
architect said:
What's a fair going price for it these days? Looking to close a deal on a 5D MKII $1400 with 43k actuation. Is there a lot of life left on it? Thanks. I'm hoping it's still a solid camera as the MK III is too rich and 6D is somewhat of a rip off. Thanks.
Right now it's 1800 new (400$ instant rebate) at B&H (and I guess at other shops as well)

Upvote 0
In my opinion, to pay $1400 for a 5D Mark II with 43,000 actuations is a bit high. You can get one now brand new with zero actuations for $1799, and my guess is that the price drop and the move to clear out inventories of the 5D Mark II will markedly affect the Ebay price soon, and quite possibly make used 5D Mark II's with just a few thousand actuations available for the price you are considering. Even though the camera is built to live considerably longer than it has thus far, forty three thousand actuations is quite a bit more than a mere test drive. I think that seller is going to soon have trouble moving the camera because there'll be so many others available at nearly the same price but a fraction of the actuations.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
sailingsilkeborg said:
In my opinion, to pay $1400 for a 5D Mark II with 43,000 actuations is a bit high. You can get one now brand new with zero actuations for $1799, and my guess is that the price drop and the move to clear out inventories of the 5D Mark II will markedly affect the Ebay price soon, and quite possibly make used 5D Mark II's with just a few thousand actuations available for the price you are considering. Even though the camera is built to live considerably longer than it has thus far, forty three thousand actuations is quite a bit more than a mere test drive. I think that seller is going to soon have trouble moving the camera because there'll be so many others available at nearly the same price but a fraction of the actuations.
+1 Exactly! 1800 new is much better value for money. Or a cheaper than $1400 used one...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.