5d2 officially discontinued.

CharlieB

EOS RP
Jul 29, 2012
psssst.....

They haven't made any for a long while, only protected distribution by keeping them "current" on the web.

No fact to support it, but it could well be that there were no 5D2's made after the 5D3 cranked up for production.

One thing though - they made a whooooole helluva lot of 5D2's, and I couldn't be happier with mine.

8TMacro

Mine has been officially 'discontinued' too - I just sold it a few weeks ago while I could still get a decent penny for it! That was the only reason I sold it, though. Great pro-sumer camera!

I'll keep using my 1D MKIV until whatever comes after the 1D X gets here (yes, I'm patient).

tron

EOS 5D SR
Nov 8, 2011
distant.star said:
Most interesting thing to me is that the EOS 1V is still alive.

$1699 new at B&H, film not included.
SHAME ON THEM! They should include a free film ;D

Brymills

EOS T7i
Jan 17, 2012
tron said:
distant.star said:
Most interesting thing to me is that the EOS 1V is still alive.

$1699 new at B&H, film not included.
SHAME ON THEM! They should include a free film ;D
Just the one?? Be a bit like selling you a 5D III with a 256MB CF card.....

dolina

millennial
Dec 27, 2011
www.facebook.com
I would have upgraded to the 5D3 but I do not want Canon to open up my lens for an IC upgrade.

Neither does the 1DX have the reach I seek.

They're good bodies by any measure but sometimes you just have to skip a generation and put the money to trips. :)

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 21, 2010
I loved mine.

But...I'm glad that I sold it when I did, since one could be bought new today for what I sold it for a few months ago.

JBeckwith

EOS T7i
Sep 17, 2012
Fine with me that it's discontinued. Mine still has a long life ahead of it before I will feel the need to upgrade.