5D3 Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the firmware was also supposed address the issue of the AF points not staying lit during low light conditions or getting lost in shadows... didn't see any mention of that on the firmware description page. I know there was comments made about it affecting the metering but still they said they were going to address the issue back in Spring 2012.

Upvote 0

jrista

EOL
Dec 3, 2011
jonrista.com
tbob32 said:
I don't recall seeing this date anywhere before. It now shows in the link to the 5D3 firmware on CanonUSA's website that the firmware will be released on April 30th. It use to show late April like we have been hearing since back in October.

Look at the advertisement/link on the right side of this page:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii

Bob

Better to get as much quality assurance in as they possibly can before they release, no? Would you rather have a half-tested firmware release, or a firmware release that is as thoroughly tested as possible? I mean, they said "Late April". That could be the last two weeks of April, which would mean from the 22nd to the 30th, or it may really mean "Late" April...the last week, which would really only be the 29th or 30th. I don't think the date has slipped at all, and personally I would rather have them test it well rather than release a poorly tested version.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.