5DIV - Interchangeable focusing screens

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
So Eldar, are you being tempted to buy this camera?

I certainly am being challenged between it and the 1DX II. I like the bells and whistles on this one and 30 rather than 50 MP is fine given the 7 fps. I'm devouring whatever I can find, which at this point in time isn't that much (that's worthy and doesn't consist of bashing/whining).

Jack

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Problem is you're being to rational. It causes anxiety and really inhibits experiencing the pleasures of life! Think of how much fun the new toy will be (at least for a few days).

Take my 400 DO purchase, just out of the blue and I'm really thrilled to have it. :)

Does the 1DX II take different screens - I'm guessing it does??

Jack

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
Problem is you're being to rational. It causes anxiety and really inhibits experiencing the pleasures of life! Think of how much fun the new toy will be (at least for a few days).

Take my 400 DO purchase, just out of the blue and I'm really thrilled to have it. :)

Jack
He he, I´ll tell my wife that you said that. She may have a different opinion ;)

The 400 DO II seems to be a great lens. Unfortunately I am to well covered at that focal length to get that, but when they release the 600 f4 DO ... ;D

The 1DX-II can take different focusing screens. I have not used it yet though, since I am normally using the 5DSR, with a custom made S-screen, for that purpose. But the 5DIV could have been a great partner for my Zeiss glass. However, the 1DX-II seem to have very presise focus acknowledge with the standard screen (red dot illuminates where it finds focus). I have managed very high accuracy all the way to f1.4 with the Otus lenses.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Eldar said:
Jack Douglas said:

Jack
He he, I´ll tell my wife that you said that. She may have a different opinion ;)

The 400 DO II seems to be a great lens. Unfortunately I am to well covered at that focal length to get that, but when they release the 600 f4 DO ... ;D

The 1DX-II can take different focusing screens. I have not used it yet though, since I am normally using the 5DSR, with a custom made S-screen, for that purpose. But the 5DIV could have been a great partner for my Zeiss glass. However, the 1DX-II seem to have very presise focus acknowledge with the standard screen (red dot illuminates where it finds focus). I have managed very high accuracy all the way to f1.4 with the Otus lenses.

You have a big outing upcoming don't you?

I wish I had started back into photography some years earlier but I'm doing my best to cram all the information gleaned on CR and elsewhere into my aging brain. Too much time wasted on 5D4 threads but at least now the trolls have left for the most part - that was downright annoying for a few weeks!

It's 3 AM here, so back to bed. My granite work plays havoc with my back.

Eldar, my wife just says "buy it, what are you going to do with the money when you're dead". :)

Jack

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
Eldar said:
Jack Douglas said:

Jack

You have a big outing upcoming don't you?

I wish I had started back into photography some years earlier but I'm doing my best to cram all the information gleaned on CR and elsewhere into my aging brain. Too much time wasted on 5D4 threads but at least now the trolls have left for the most part - that was downright annoying for a few weeks!

It's 3 AM here, so back to bed. My granite work plays havoc with my back.

Eldar, my wife just says "buy it, what are you going to do with the money when you're dead". :)

Jack
Tell your wife that I am in the middle of a $200k kitchen/living room upgrade, so spending money is really not a problem ;)

Upvote 0
3xposure said:
Hi Eldar,

According to https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/dslr/eos-5d-mark-iv (viewfinder->focusing screen) it's fixed. Too bad for some of us...

BTW, good luck with the kitchen/living room upgrade :)
Thanks and Thanks.

Unfortunately as I expected ... That could have persuaded me to buy ...

Upvote 0