5DMk4 and Lightroom

I have the LR/PS CC pack and just did the updates today. B&H says it usually takes Adobe "one update" to get all the changes made, and that Canon never gives Adobe the necessary info ahead of time. Since the cam is now introduced, the changes might be made rather quickly. However, I also have Elements 14, which I can use on the 5d4 JPEGs, so I should be OK.

Don't know why I'm worrying - don't even have the camera yet!

z

Upvote 0

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Hey Fellow Canon Shooters
Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com
Valvebounce said:
Hi.
Apart from being less than helpful, perhaps you could re read it then post something comprehensible?

Cheers, Graham.

BigAntTVProductions said:
people goin nuts
sheesh wait the worst case is wait have too wait till OCT so shoot in JPG

how bout u mind ya business

Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
Zen said:
I have heard that Lightroom does not process RAW files from the new Canon 5D4.

Yet. If you have the current release of Lightroom (CC or 6 standalone), 5D4 RAW support will arrive as soon as possible, and will be delivered in an upcoming update.

If you have a previous version of LR, it won't be updated and you need to upgrade to LR CC or 6 standalone to get 5D4 RAW support.

Meanwhile you need to convert it into a supported format. Instead of JPEG, anyway, I'd use TIFFs created from RAWs in a large enough color space, though.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
LDS said:
Zen said:
I have heard that Lightroom does not process RAW files from the new Canon 5D4.

Yet. If you have the current release of Lightroom (CC or 6 standalone), 5D4 RAW support will arrive as soon as possible, and will be delivered in an upcoming update.

If you have a previous version of LR, it won't be updated and you need to upgrade to LR CC or 6 standalone to get 5D4 RAW support.

LDS or anybody who may know. When might a LR (non-cc) be delivered?

Thanks.

Scott
Meanwhile you need to convert it into a supported format. Instead of JPEG, anyway, I'd use TIFFs created from RAWs in a large enough color space, though.

Upvote 0
Adobe was on top of it for the last few releases (80D and 1DX2). Having support before the cameras shipped. So far not so on the 5D4 but I guess it was a quick turnaround from announcement to release. That said, review sites like DPR have a version of ACR that works with the files so it should be along shortly.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi.
You kinda made it my business when u posted this
quote "sheesh wait the worst case is wait have too wait till OCT so shoot in JPG" end quote
to a public forum that I read and it contains extra waits that don't make sense, wondered if your spell check had gone mad or something, I guess you wrote it as is.
Have a nice day.

Cheers, Graham.

Valvebounce said:
Hi.
Apart from being less than helpful, perhaps you could re read it then post something comprehensible?

Cheers, Graham.

people goin nuts
sheesh wait the worst case is wait have too wait till OCT so shoot in JPG

how bout u mind ya business

Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
scottkinfw said:
LDS or anybody who may know. When might a LR (non-cc) be delivered?

LR 6 standalone (non-CC) is available, although quite hidden, from Adobe itself, or retailers. For example you can buy the full version or an upgrade (downloadable) from here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_mostpopular.html

If you mean *if* and when a LR 7 standalone could be available, only Adobe knows :)

Upvote 0
Thanks, everyone, for your responses, even including the cheeky ones!

I do have the CC set-up and expect Adobe to update it as quickly as they can, which I'll get automatically. This version of LR does pretty well on JPEGs, so until the RAW is updated, I'll just stick to them. I'm also running Elements [PSE] 14, which is also pretty good on most things, except for the subtler adjustments. So I can wait a few weeks for the upgraded RAW software.

Thanks again for your responses.

zen

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Jack.
I guess I am becoming a fuddy duddy, yes spellcheck, yes proofread, yes, try to be polite, slip sometimes, I am familiar with a keyboard though I mostly use my iPad for the forum.

Cheers, Graham.

Jack Douglas said:
Valvebounce, we're just old fuddy duddies that use spellcheck and proof read and are polite (most of the time). That's not cool. ;) And to top it off you probably use a keyboard! :eek:

Jack

Upvote 0