5DmkIII & 7DMKII at photokina in September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willrobb

So I was just flicking through a photo mag in Tokyo (カメラマン "Cameraman") and my eyes popped out of my head when after flipping over from a review page there was two pics of a 5DmkIII and a 7DmkII.....but then I read they were CG altered images based on what the editors believed these cameras would look like and my heart sunk :'(

Anyway, nothing too much to get excited by in the article, it was just some "thoughts" by people in the know about canon and they thought some of the likely stats of each camera were likely to be, I only had like 30 seconds to read through as my train was about to arrive but from what I can remember:

5DmkIII (or possibly names as a 3D):
24-30MP
5fps
Digic 5 processor

7D mkII:
20MP (keeping with the "image monster" slogan they use to advertise the 7D here?)
10fps
APS-C sensor.

The jist of it was they thought a 5DmkIII/3D could be on show at Photokina in Sepetember, but a 7DmkII would be sometime later.

Like I say, it was just the thoughts of a couple of guys involved with the mag, NO FACTS so please don't flail me, but I will have a look through some more Japanese mags and see what "thoughts" are being banded about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.