5Ghz wifi capabilities confirmed for the Canon EOS R5

Starting out EOS R

EOS R5 - RF24-105mm F4L, RF70-200mm f2.8L
Feb 13, 2020
I don’t understand though, at usa.canon.com there’s a countdown which ends 1 pm Amsterdam time, which would be 12 pm London time. Am I missing something?
The invite had the option to add to my diary and when added, it is at 18.00pm UK time. That seems correct based on the conference being at 1pm EDT and my world clock as well.

Upvote 0

Starting out EOS R

Feb 13, 2020
Yep... I bought the RF70-200mm 15% off on special 3 months in advance of the R5 purchase (assuming June/July). The exchange rate has been volatile but still a drop against the USD and JPY so a prudent decision. Canon have 5 year warranty now so no great loss to keeping it on the shelf. I will be using my other EF lenses except for the RF100-500mm. The other big investment will be a new Ikelite housing for it.

What kits will Canon release? R5 + RF 24-105mm could be worthwhile for me.
Well, despite Canon not announcing the R5 on Monday, I went ahead and purchased the RF 70-200mm and it was delivered today. Pretty impressed with it so far. I just hope the R5 is released in May for delivery in July so the lens reward is still there. It won't stop me buying the R5 as long as its not a crazy price but every little helps.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Anyone else experiencing this - each thread comes with a humongous introductory header. The header literally fills my screen; it's huge font and annoying. The rest of the font is normal.

Jack

I've not seen that, but the main body of comments now jumps all over the place every time ads load or reload to a different ad with different dimensions. It's very annoying when you're trying to click on something and it moves so you wind up clicking on something else!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Starting out EOS R

Feb 13, 2020
Anyone else experiencing this - each thread comes with a humongous introductory header. The header literally fills my screen; it's huge font and annoying. The rest of the font is normal.

Jack
Yes, I presume you mean the e-mail notifying of a new comment?

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I've not seen that, but the main body of comments now jumps all over the place every time ads load or reload to a different ad with different dimensions. It's very annoying when you're trying to click on something and it moves so you wind up clicking on something else!
Yes, I've had that too. The text in this portion of the thread is normal but the alert email I get has text that is roughly 3" high on my monitor. I can live with it but it's annoying.

Jack

Upvote 0

ohm

AF Stickler
Apr 8, 2019
Japan
YouTube.com
I thought the GFX50 had a physically larger, Medium Format sensor....which would be different than this R5 FF sensor....differnt applications, no?

Please correct me if I"m wrong....

Myself am lusting after the R5, BUT...if I had the scratch...I'd like the GFX100 maybe to break into the MF digital world a bit.....beast of a camera!!

Anyway...

cayenne

Yes, the GFX has a señsor approximately 60% larger, but the difference between a good FF (say D800) in practical application, is very small. I assume that the R5 will have similar output to the D800, and if it does, I will trade my GFX50s for it. Better AF, better image update speed for macro, battery ergonomics, probably more robust, quieter, and more.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0