6 unreleased Canon lenses and the two teleconverters show up for certification

puffo25

EOS R5 - Fine art landscape, travel,astro and pano
Jul 18, 2017
italy
Hi all, I have a question. I have an EF 300mm lens and a RF 70-200mm lens.
I plan to buy the new R5 this Summer.
I am interested in the new RF 1,4 extender and I am wondering if you believe I can use with the EF if auto-focusing and so on will be maintaned.
Thanks in advance.
Andrea

Upvote 0

Quirkz

CR Pro
Oct 30, 2014
I sold my Riv for the R5. I actually bought the RP after the Riv, and funnily enough, i prefer the images produced by the RP over the Riv (something about the jpeg colors, cliched i know :D ). The two things the Riv had going for it was (1) its slightly superior autofocus system and (2) its 61 megapixels. I don't shoot videos often, but i did appreciate the video quality of its 4K videos. So now that the major specs of the R5 have been released/leaked (40+ megapixels, 8K video, dual card slot), i feel confident enough to let go of the Sony and go all in on Canon.

I just hope that the one lens I absolutely loved on my Sony kit, the 24mm F1.4 GM, will be available on the RF platform soon!!
The images that come out of the RP are just sublime. It’s a very underrated camera. The RP+rf35 tend to live in my bag these days and go everywhere with me, instead of the Fuji x-e3 + 35 1.4. It’s just small enough, and produces better images.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Mahk43

EOS R6
CR Pro
Feb 28, 2020
France
www.clarenc.art
I am interested in the new RF 1,4 extender and I am wondering if you believe I can use with the EF if auto-focusing and so on will be maintaned.
Thanks in advance.
Andrea

I see no reason it wouldn't work well

Upvote 0

trulandphoto

Upstate NY photographer and retired atorney
CR Pro
Jul 19, 2011
trulandphotography.com
"None of these SKU’s match the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM, which recently began shipping."

recently began shipping?
Photographyblog.com has sample images from the RF 24-105mm STM up including some RAW files. I processed a 24mm file in software without a lens profile and it's similar, if not quite as scary, as the 24-240mm lens at that FL.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2014
I’ve always shot Canon because I think they fit me the best, I’m picky, but they deliver. I’m all for competition etc, Blabla... but you know what’s REALLY fun? Smacking the Sony trolls off their d@mn high horses, suddenly they are sooo very quiet. I’m petty, I’ll admit, but it feels pretttttty great sometimes.:devilish:
All fanboyism is juvenile. Just enjoy the cameras you use and ignore the rest.

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
Thanks in advance.
Andrea
As Mahk43 noted, it should work fine. As I assume the extender is meant for RF cameras and lenses, you will probably have to place an EF-RF converter on the lens as well.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2020
With the supply chain interruptions, it will probably be a while before we see anything released. Just getting it from there to here and then distributing it is going to be a challenge. I'd imagine that all the big stores used to supply the demand are shut down on the East and West coasts of the USA. Has anyone received an order from Adorama or B&H in the past week? Wondering. If they are not shipping, they are probably not receiving either.
Both Adorama and B&H have their warehouses, websites and web orders open for business. Only their actual physical stores in NYC are closed according to their websites.

Upvote 0