6D Need To Change Something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitesh

Comparably Nikon D600 The Canon 6D Is Very Embarrassing..

Canon 6D Has Superb ISO Sensitivity...
But Comparing With Nikon D 600..

Nikon D600 Have :-

:- Dual Card Slot, (Canon 6D Has Single) (So,Poor)
:- 39 AF Point, (Canon 6D Has 11)
:- Built In Flash (For Trigger Off Camera Flash) - (Canon 6D Don't )
:- 1,50,000 Shutter Durability, (Canon 6D Has 1,00,000)

Canon 6D Doesn't Have Such(above) Kind Of Facility..

Is Canon Need To Replace Canon 6D Body..???????????

Did u ever check the 39 AF points urself? Imho its totally marketing bullshit since they are all cramped up in the middle of the viewfinder! It sounds great "wow 39" but in real its not that cool...

Nikon-D600-viewfinder-af-points.jpg

Imho its no advantage over the 6D.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
sandymandy said:
Did u ever check the 39 AF points urself? Imho its totally marketing bullshit since they are all cramped up in the middle of the viewfinder! It sounds great "wow 39" but in real its not that cool...

Hadn't bothered to check the af layout yet, thanks for posting, and yeah that doesn't look very good. Do you know how the actual spread compares to the 5d2?

Upvote 0
Viggo said:
sandymandy said:

Hadn't bothered to check the af layout yet, thanks for posting, and yeah that doesn't look very good. Do you know how the actual spread compares to the 5d2?

5D2 AF Points (source Ken Rockwell http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/5d-mk-ii/specifications.htm )

finder.gif

Upvote 0
JohanCruyff said:

Interesting, the comparisons that I've seen show the 6D's AF points to be much more tightly grouped in the centre than they appear in this picture

See: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=9656.msg174173#msg174173.

To be honest, I think that I believe the conceptualisations that I found more than the one above. Can anyone that's actually looked through a 6D viewfinder confirm?

P.S. mitesh, if possible could you please check for previous threads and try posting in them, rather than creating new ones? I know that it can be difficult to find older threads, especially if you're new to the forums, so I'm not trying to have a go at you. It's just that posting to existing threads can avoid repeating old topics.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• 0121005225139.jpg
    0121005225139.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 5,388
Upvote 0
simonxu11 said:
mitesh said:
Not sure about the high ISO performance of 6D, but the D600 is outstanding.
Has anyone checked the D600's preview on DPreview, the high ISO performance is better than 5D3 in RAW
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikon-d600/8

simonxu11, the picture that you posted of the 6D AF point layout looks a lot more like what I have seen previously.

As for mitesh's post about the high ISO sensitivity of the 6D, it may be the case or it may not. Just because a manufacturer provides ISO 102,500 doesn't actually mean that the camera is any good at that setting. Often these extended high ISOs are no better than underexposing at a lower ISO and pushing the exposure in post.

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2010
sandymandy said:

Another point: all the 9 cross AF sensors on the D600 are clustered around the center. I guess people are easily fooled by numbers, but honestly, the D600 AF sensor has little advantage over the 6D.

Upvote 0
Dec 15, 2010
mitesh said:
Comparably Nikon D600 The Canon 6D Is Very Embarrassing..

But Comparing With Nikon D 600..

Nikon D600 Have :-

:- Dual Card Slot, (Canon 6D Has Single) (So,Poor)
:- 39 AF Point, (Canon 6D Has 11)
:- Built In Flash (For Trigger Off Camera Flash) - (Canon 6D Don't )
:- 1,50,000 Shutter Durability, (Canon 6D Has 1,00,000)

Canon 6D Doesn't Have Such(above) Kind Of Facility..

Is Canon Need To Replace Canon 6D Body..???????????

My 50'000$ Honda has only 14 cupholders, while the 45'000$ Toyota of my friend has 22 cupholder. I like to talk to the Honda CEO, he needs to do something about that. Why does my Honda have fewer Cupholder than the cheaper Toyota.
I also need to bring my Honda to the dealer for inspection every 20'000km, while the Toyota only needs to go every 25'000km.
Honda will be going down if they continue like this. I will sell it and buy me a Toyota.

Upvote 0
traveller said:
JohanCruyff said:

Interesting, the comparisons that I've seen show the 6D's AF points to be much more tightly grouped in the centre than they appear in this picture

See: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=9656.msg174173#msg174173.

To be honest, I think that I believe the conceptualisations that I found more than the one above. Can anyone that's actually looked through a 6D viewfinder confirm?

P.S. mitesh, if possible could you please check for previous threads and try posting in them, rather than creating new ones? I know that it can be difficult to find older threads, especially if you're new to the forums, so I'm not trying to have a go at you. It's just that posting to existing threads can avoid repeating old topics.

I looked through it on the first day of photokina in cologne: The AF spread is much tighter than on my 5D III, to be honest: I don't think there is any diffrence to the D600 in terms of AF poin spread....

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
lopicma said:
I hope the reviews on this site are not going to be like this...

It seems we all want a 5DMk3 at Rebel prices... wouldn't that be nice.

Go buy the camera you think is better and send me your 6D.
My 2c is that if you like B&W (and I suspect you do), go look at the pics there and hang the text in most threads.
If you love colour (or color) photography, take at a look at the bird, animal and landscape shots (in no suggested order)...
This site has a number of artistic, insightful and tech-savvy persons. You need to sift through the posts and distill...
It is hard work - much like survival in the 21st century...
;)

I am just learning the ropes and I thought I'd share...
Enjoy! That is why we have a hobby (or profession) that we enjoy...

Upvote 0
S

straub

simonxu11 said:
Not sure about the high ISO performance of 6D, but the D600 is outstanding.
Has anyone checked the D600's preview on DPreview, the high ISO performance is better than 5D3 in RAW

Interesting graph. To my eye, the sample frames show an opposite picture (no pun), i.e. D600 shows more noise. The D600 noise is also a lot splotchier for the lack of a better term. Perhaps some sort of on-chip median filter again?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.