6D Need To Change Something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ew said:
I just saw DigitalRev overview of 5D3, D600 and D800 - shooting at a boxing ring, with marginal lighting... perhaps its part of a sales program, but the D600 didn't get the flying colors in terms in AF.

Of course it didn't, it's a €1900 camera (on release!) vs. a €3000 camera! I don't think Nikon designed the d600 af to compete with the 1dx/5d3 af system, more likely they wanted it to be "good enough" just like the d700. If you want to compare the d600 to anything, it'd currently the 5d2 - and we could imagine how that would do in low light servo af :-(

But the DigitalRev review again states that the 5d as the "ultimate landscape camera" is a thing of the past, now it's an event camera for those who can't afford or don't want the 1dx. And the 5d3 is the only one of the bunch running Magic Lantern so I can program my dlsr myself :)

Upvote 0
Marsu42 said:
But the DigitalRev review again states that the 5d as the "ultimate landscape camera" is a thing of the past, now it's an event camera for those who can't afford or don't want the 1dx. And the 5d3 is the only one of the bunch running Magic Lantern so I can program my dlsr myself :)

I really don't think so - the 1dx while it would rock a wedding, it's desinged as a sports camera with everything on it designed for speed, hence the lower resolution and the high fps, high ISO on that camera is more so you can use a fast shutter speed. 5d3 has the AF of the 1dx, and a similar sensor, but's its designed for events and weddings wher low light is key. I would say the 5d3 is for those who can't afford a 1dx

Upvote 0
canon816 said:
aj1575 said:
rpt said:
canon816 said:

You could have just said that. To us viewers You appeared to be mocking the OP and came across as extremely rude....

It was his/her first post, and the other poster's comment about learning how to use commas and then yours didn't make for a warm welcome.

Maybe you're overreacted. Thought i saw the use comma, but his post is clearly is about comparing cameras.

Upvote 0
I am from Germany and I already hat my half an hour with the 6D.
Placing it side by side with a 5D3 and 5D2 it is noticeable smaller and both of the 5D had better ergonomics.
Mostly it comes from the total lac of buttons on the left screenside and the missing multicontroller.
The mode-dial without an endposition is also not really nice ( hard too use in darkness).
Also handholding an 400mm 2,8 was more comfortable on the 5D "and soo much more on the 1DX "
Beside from that it is a nice camera and it would not really be easy to chose between 6D and 5D2.

If someone want some more impressions on the 6D just ask ;)

Upvote 0

Ryan708

Less bickering, more shooting
Mar 1, 2012
New Hampshire
Germany already has the 6D avail? I want high ISO sample images! And a test on AF speed in mediocre lighting on the outer AF points. I can live with a 1/180th max synch speed, and a 1/4000 max shutter, because ISO 50 would make up for the 1/8000th my 60d has, when I need to shoot wide open in bright light. Im concerned with how much worse the AF will be than my 60d. the 60d has all cross-type sensors, with a dual cross high precision in the center.(f/2.8 and faster). the 6d has one crosstype. I hope the extra sensitivity the 6d claims(-3 EV) works some magic for AF.

Upvote 0

EdB

Oct 4, 2012
friedmud said:
EdB said:
Sigma DP2M AND a DP1M: $2000
Your favorite stitching software: $100

Completely freaking awesome landscape kit and I just saved you 4k.....and back troubles later in life since this is so light.

Heh - I knew someone would make an attempt at a better deal when I posted that ;-)

The DP2M and DP1M are definitely interesting little cameras. After I complete some of my Nikon kit I really might think about snagging one... would be perfect for carrying in a pocket while skiing ;-)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;D And that said, I can't understand why anyone who shoots landscapes wouldn't choose one over ANY full frame dslr. The quality of the images I've seen is astounding. As far as a pocket camera goes, I'm not sure it would be a good choice, handheld it is a difficult camera and from what I've read the live view is awful. But I am getting one soon, there isn't anything that can touch it for landscape work........... especially for the price.

Upvote 0
Ryan708 said:
Germany already has the 6D avail?
No, but I where at a special event at my local Calumet store and Canon brought the hole! Camera and lens line up including the new 6D. So I hat the chance of test it out excessively with every lens I want and compare it to the other Cameras. Sorry but I can´t give you the RAW pictures you and me want to have :( I had my Cameras sensorcleaned at that moment and so I doesn´t have an SD-card with me. The Canon-staff was not that strict and I were able to remove the SD-card that was in the Camera and reinsert it a minute later without anyone taking notice off me ... so I could have get them when I hat an SD-card with me :(

Upvote 0
Ryan708 said:

The hardware is bound to be here, but maybe they're still working on new parts of the firmware (gps, wifi) and the mobile phone controller. But the main reason for the delay will be that Canon doesn't want the 5d2 to compete with the 6d in parallel - initial 6d sales numbers might look disastrous otherwise.

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2012
AB
Marsu42 said:
Ryan708 said:

The hardware is bound to be here, but maybe they're still working on new parts of the firmware (gps, wifi) and the mobile phone controller. But the main reason for the delay will be that Canon doesn't want the 5d2 to compete with the 6d in parallel - initial 6d sales numbers might look disastrous otherwise.

by the pricing looks like they're trying hard to dump 5d2 stock ASAP so they can get the 6D to wide market release in time for holiday buying w-o causing the confusion of choice to new FF consumers.

Upvote 0
tnargs said:
How many posts are on the internet by people defending their expensive purchases? It doesn't bear thinking about...

Hmmmm... How many posts on the internet are completely worthless and add absolutley nothing to the conversation? Well... at least one...

Back on topic:

I really hope we get to see some real photos from the 6D soon... I'm definitely interested to see if they did anything new with the sensor. We've had a few reports of people shooting with these... someneeds to get an SD card in one quick!

Upvote 0
Chuck Alaimo said:
Marsu42 said:

I really don't think so - the 1dx while it would rock a wedding, it's desinged as a sports camera with everything on it designed for speed, hence the lower resolution and the high fps, high ISO on that camera is more so you can use a fast shutter speed. 5d3 has the AF of the 1dx, and a similar sensor, but's its designed for events and weddings wher low light is key. I would say the 5d3 is for those who can't afford a 1dx
It's also for those who don't need the additional features of the 1D X. If you're only shooting weddings or indoors or aren't in constant adverse condtions and you don't need the higher frame rate and AF speed either, then it doesn't make much business sense to spend an extra £2500 or so. Ergonimics do also come into it of course, but that is a slightly different argument. I could probably make good use of the 1D X, but realistically, I couldn't justify the extra cost to myself, so I probably sort of fall into your category, even though I could afford it by foregoing lens purchases. That's what makes all the arguments about DR so frustrating, yes it would be nice to have, but it's all about getting the right set of tools for the job you do. For me, the 5D MkIII fits that purpose, but so would the 1D X and the D4 (if I had Nikon lenses) :p.

Upvote 0
raptor3x said:
RLPhoto said:
The 6D needed to have a multi-selector. Instead it went with the awkward ergos of the 6D. Ehhh.....

This is actually a signficiant thing turning me off of the 6D. The multi-selector from the 60D is just awful.

Agreed, although honestly since it's replacing the 5D mark II, and it has the same thing of the center focus point being the primary one you'll use, it's lessened somewhat. Still very annoying. But hey at least they didn't remove AFMA. So I guess they learned from their mistake on the AFMA but it's going to take a little longer for the multiselector pitfall to be realized :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.