6D Need To Change Something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandymandy said:
Did u ever check the 39 AF points urself? Imho its totally marketing bullshit since they are all cramped up in the middle of the viewfinder! It sounds great "wow 39" but in real its not that cool...

Nikon-D600-viewfinder-af-points.jpg

Imho its no advantage over the 6D.

Excellent point! In my humble opinion ALL autofocus point placements are for the birds. So the only difference is really how fast and sensitive those points are. If you want to focus on anything along the lines of the rule of thirds or even further out you're pretty much screwed even with a 1-series camera or what ever the current Nikon equivalent is.

One of the reasons I really never wanted an autofocus SLR to begin with and clung to my FD system until digital had become more or less unavoidable.

Upvote 0
aj1575 said:
My 50'000$ Honda has only 14 cupholders, while the 45'000$ Toyota of my friend has 22 cupholder. I like to talk to the Honda CEO, he needs to do something about that. Why does my Honda have fewer Cupholder than the cheaper Toyota.
I also need to bring my Honda to the dealer for inspection every 20'000km, while the Toyota only needs to go every 25'000km.
Honda will be going down if they continue like this. I will sell it and buy me a Toyota.

Wow... anyone ever stop to think that English may not be the OP's primary language? Who cares if the grammar isn't up to par. Many of the members of this forum make far less sense with their posts and English is often their primary Language. Give the OP a break. If you have something constructive to post then post it... otherwise stop insulting and move on to another thread...

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
canon816 said:
aj1575 said:
My 50'000$ Honda has only 14 cupholders, while the 45'000$ Toyota of my friend has 22 cupholder. I like to talk to the Honda CEO, he needs to do something about that. Why does my Honda have fewer Cupholder than the cheaper Toyota.
I also need to bring my Honda to the dealer for inspection every 20'000km, while the Toyota only needs to go every 25'000km.
Honda will be going down if they continue like this. I will sell it and buy me a Toyota.

Wow... anyone ever stop to think that English may not be the OP's primary language? Who cares if the grammar isn't up to par. Many of the members of this forum make far less sense with their posts and English is often their primary Language. Give the OP a break. If you have something constructive to post then post it... otherwise stop insulting and move on to another thread...
+1

Upvote 0
Dec 15, 2010
rpt said:
canon816 said:
aj1575 said:

+1
It seems you didn't get my point (it was not about language).

I made a little fun about people comparing cameras like they would compare cars in a Top Trumps card game. Sure, it is fun to compare cameras, but it does not say all that much about the quality of a camera, and even less about the quality of the pictures you can take with it.
I don't think I'm at the wrong place here; I rather think that all the people in here who are playing Top Trumps with camera specs are wrong in here, but this is only my personal opinion.

Upvote 0
aj1575 said:
rpt said:
canon816 said:
aj1575 said:

+1

I made a little fun about people comparing cameras like they would compare cars in a Top Trumps card game. Sure, it is fun to compare cameras, but it does not say all that much about the quality of a camera, and even less about the quality of the pictures you can take with it.
I don't think I'm at the wrong place here; I rather think that all the people in here who are playing Top Trumps with camera specs are wrong in here, but this is only my personal opinion.

You could have just said that. To us viewers You appeared to be mocking the OP and came across as extremely rude....

It was his/her first post, and the other poster's comment about learning how to use commas and then yours didn't make for a warm welcome.

Upvote 0

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
mitesh said:
Comparably Nikon D600 The Canon 6D Is Very Embarrassing..

Canon 6D Has Superb ISO Sensitivity...
But Comparing With Nikon D 600..

Nikon D600 Have :-

:- Dual Card Slot, (Canon 6D Has Single) (So,Poor)
:- 39 AF Point, (Canon 6D Has 11)
:- Built In Flash (For Trigger Off Camera Flash) - (Canon 6D Don't )
:- 1,50,000 Shutter Durability, (Canon 6D Has 1,00,000)

Canon 6D Doesn't Have Such(above) Kind Of Facility..

Is Canon Need To Replace Canon 6D Body..???????????

The 6D needed to have a multi-selector. Instead it went with the awkward ergos of the 60D. Ehhh.....

Upvote 0
sandymandy said:
Id feel F______ super lucky and happy if id have the 6D! I think the opinion about it depends on the income :p

Indeed, this forum is heavily biased to L glass and expensive ff bodies, most people here wouldn't use a Rebel as a doorstopper. But the 6d issue is different because Canon phases out the (now cheaper!) 5d2 for the newer model, so doubts are valid even ignoring the personal income.

raptor3x said:
The multi-selector from the 60D is just awful.

Did you actually use it for some time? I find it quite ok because you can keep your thumb at the same place all the time, so that's really a personal preference and imho not the main shortcoming of the 6d.

Upvote 0
Marsu42 said:
Did you actually use it for some time? I find it quite ok because you can keep your thumb at the same place all the time, so that's really a personal preference and imho not the main shortcoming of the 6d.

I've never owned a 60D but a friend has one and I've used his while he tried my bodies. I can agree that the idea may have merit but the implementation is not good. The controller I tried had a very mushy feeling and I found myself clicking in the wrong direction far too often.

Upvote 0
As someone that thought this very same thing and did something about it (sold all my Canon gear and bought a D600) I can shed some light my view:

1. The 6D is woefully overpriced compared to the D600 on paper. No one has used a 6D yet, so we don't yet know whether or not it is "worth" $2100... but you certainly get more "features" for your dollar with the D600. This one won't be settled until the 6D comes out.

2. D600 AF Spread. It is definitely less than the 7D I sold to get it... and it _is_ inconvenient. However! The D600 AF is REALLY freaking good. It is insanely fast (nearly instant with the 24-70G) and very accurate, even in low light. Also: yes, the points are really close together, but in my limited experience that does help with tracking... ie, the camera never loses "sight" of the target between AF points (although... it _does_ lose it if the target leaves the center of the frame!). Finally: I really _like_ the tiny AF points... they are very easy to stick right on an eyeball to nail a portrait...

3. High ISO: I think it's _really_ good. See my thread here: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=10335.0 I haven't shot with a 5DMkIII or 1DX so I can't compare... but I am really happy with it!

4. I really think people need to quit comparing the 6D and D600. The proper comparison is 5DMkIII and D600. Even though ~$1300 separates them... they are MUCH closer to each other than the 6D and D600. Here's how I see it:

5DMkIII and 24-70II: ~$6000
D600 and 24-70G: ~$4000
D600, 24-70G AND the awesome 14-24: ~$6000 (Perfect Landscape Kit!)

Overall, at this point - I don't think we can say much about the 6D. We're going to have to see it in action.

However, for everyone out there that is underwhelmed by the 6D specs... I can confidently say that the D600 is a great machine. The IQ is absolutely awesome and the machine just flat _works_. I'm really loving it.

Absolutely zero regrets at this point...

Upvote 0
canon816 said:
aj1575 said:
rpt said:
canon816 said:
aj1575 said:

+1

You could have just said that. To us viewers You appeared to be mocking the OP and came across as extremely rude....

It was his/her first post, and the other poster's comment about learning how to use commas and then yours didn't make for a warm welcome.

Wow too sensitive! I got what he was saying right away and it was cute and funny! Maybe you all read way to deeply into something very simple being said here. There's no mockery here it's just one company markets their product their way and the other likewise. It's a camera if it takes pictures then its doing it job if you don't like the camera return it or sell it and try something else. If you can't afford a camera that can do everything then buy one that's cheaper that has similar options. Kia and Hyundai have been making a killing in sales in the US because they offer in many cases more options for way less money but it certainly doesn't make them better does it. So there was no mockery here so take a step back relax and see that he was offering a different perspective. There's a lot of canon full frame cameras to buy, new and used. Just grab a camera go shoot and make some nice prints to show friends and family, oh and us too!

Upvote 0
EdB said:
Sigma DP2M AND a DP1M: $2000
Your favorite stitching software: $100

Completely freaking awesome landscape kit and I just saved you 4k.....and back troubles later in life since this is so light.

Heh - I knew someone would make an attempt at a better deal when I posted that ;-)

The DP2M and DP1M are definitely interesting little cameras. After I complete some of my Nikon kit I really might think about snagging one... would be perfect for carrying in a pocket while skiing ;-)

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2012
AB
raptor3x said:
RLPhoto said:
The 6D needed to have a multi-selector. Instead it went with the awkward ergos of the 6D. Ehhh.....

This is actually a signficiant thing turning me off of the 6D. The multi-selector from the 60D is just awful.

I like my 60D but yes, the non-tactile buttons that are hard to use, worse with gloves, and that rebel-esque selector are really annoying compared to previous x0D bodies.
6D with such an interface is a poor decision. Yet one more difference Canon has engineered into the design to reduce its pro appeal.

D600 doesn't fit my hand very well and I don't even have a big set of meathooks. I held one and got a cramp after about 5 minutes because there was just no room for my fingers; the front grip is too small. D800 is much more comfortable. The weight difference was also negligible so I'll keep the better-featured D800 instead of trading down to the D600.

Still very curious how 1dx and 6d will dxomark.

Upvote 0

Ew

Mar 21, 2012
friedmud said:
2. D600 AF Spread. It is definitely less than the 7D I sold to get it... and it _is_ inconvenient. However! The D600 AF is REALLY freaking good. It is insanely fast (nearly instant with the 24-70G) and very accurate, even in low light.

I just saw DigitalRev overview of 5D3, D600 and D800 - shooting at a boxing ring, with marginal lighting... perhaps its part of a sales program, but the D600 didn't get the flying colors in terms in AF.

Nikon D600 vs D800 vs Canon 5D Mark III - Head-to-Head

Are your findings different?

Upvote 0
Ew said:
friedmud said:
2. D600 AF Spread. It is definitely less than the 7D I sold to get it... and it _is_ inconvenient. However! The D600 AF is REALLY freaking good. It is insanely fast (nearly instant with the 24-70G) and very accurate, even in low light.

I just saw DigitalRev overview of 5D3, D600 and D800 - shooting at a boxing ring, with marginal lighting... perhaps its part of a sales program, but the D600 didn't get the flying colors in terms in AF.

Nikon D600 vs D800 vs Canon 5D Mark III - Head-to-Head

Are your findings different?

Digitalrev is pretty trustworthy IMO. They might not do the best reviews (sometimes they prefer entertainment value over objectivity) but they are not shills.

I don't have findings to say that the D600 is great at shooting moving targets in poor lighting. So far, all of my experience had been with people sitting fairly still. In that scenario the D600 does great: locks on fast and accurately.

I'll have to see if I can replicate that scenario. A woman friend of mine (who is dating one of my best friends) is really into kickboxing. I've been thinking about going and trying to get some pictures... Maybe I'll do that soon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.