70-200mm f/2.8L IS II Refurbished for $1699

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after waiting several months for the refurb discount and stock availability of the 70-200 II to coincide, I broke down and bought a used one. And now it is becomes available in plenty (was in stock until last night, so for a long time since it started)... Ah well, I paid the same amount, so I guess it's okay...

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Mine came Friday. Many people ask what a Refurb lens is like, so I snapped some photos. Then, I took it out and used Focal to check and adjust AFMA.

My lens arrived looking like new. A careful inspection revealed tiny scratches on the electrical contacts showing that it had been mounted a few times. Otherwise, there wasn't a mark on it, and the hood was obviously new and unused. The glass was clean and perfect.

The AFMA resulted in a "0" at 70mm, and a "+2" at 200mm on my 5D MK III. It was a quick and dirty test, so it might be refined once I have more time. We did have a sunny afternoon, so there was plenty of light. In any event, it was basically right on, a +2 AFMA makes no visible difference.

Here are the photos showing how it is packed.

untitled-901-M.jpg
untitled-902-M.jpg

untitled-903-M.jpg

untitled-906-M.jpg

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
cygnenoir said:
Thanks for posting your photos of how the refurbished lens came packed. I also ordered one and it arrived on Friday. Mine doesn't have the black coiled strap in your last photo. What is it for? Is it a shoulder strap for the case?

Yes, its a strap for the case. It was in the bottom of the case, I believe, so check there. I've never used the strap, or the case either, no need to start now.

My f/4L IS is now up for sale on ebay. It is a wonderful lens, but I do not need both.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.