7D 1.2.4 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I got my 7D, I will have maybe 1/3 of the video files display "Cannot read file" when on the camera, but when I pull the video on the computer, it will play fine. I assume that the camera is very picky about the header information in the file.

Is this the same issue with the 1.2.4 update? I wasn't sure what it was and thought it might be my memory card. Even so, I have never had a file fail to play on the computer.

Upvote 0

Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010
Macadameane said:
Since I got my 7D, I will have maybe 1/3 of the video files display "Cannot read file" when on the camera, but when I pull the video on the computer, it will play fine. I assume that the camera is very picky about the header information in the file.

Is this the same issue with the 1.2.4 update? I wasn't sure what it was and thought it might be my memory card. Even so, I have never had a file fail to play on the computer.

If this happens on your other memory cards, send the camera in for repair before the warranty expires. It is not normal.

Upvote 0

Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010
Macadameane said:
neuroanatomist said:
Macadameane said:
Unfortunately, I only have one to test with, but the recent 1.2.5 update looks promising.

Only one memory card? Yikes. :eek:

Yeah, can you tell I'm not photographing for money?

A cheap backup card can be had for a few dollars, and, if your card dies while you are out taking photos, you will appreciate having a second one. You do not need a huge fast card, a $15 dollar one will do the job.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134575

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.