7d MK2 Sensor Cleaning Error

SeanW said:
I've had my 7D MK2 since April this year and it has developed an "Err 06 Sensor Cleaning Could Not Be Performed" error. I have sent it back to Canon to be looked at, but was wondering if anyone else has come across this?

Been gone for three weeks now and I've gone back to the 500D! I know it is not the gear but how you use it, but I miss my 7D :(

Thanks

What is their reason for holding it for 3 weeks? I had a mirror box replaced and they flipped it back in 3 days. You might consider pushing them to send you another one.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
East Wind Photography said:
SeanW said:
I've had my 7D MK2 since April this year and it has developed an "Err 06 Sensor Cleaning Could Not Be Performed" error. I have sent it back to Canon to be looked at, but was wondering if anyone else has come across this?

Been gone for three weeks now and I've gone back to the 500D! I know it is not the gear but how you use it, but I miss my 7D :(

Thanks

What is their reason for holding it for 3 weeks? I had a mirror box replaced and they flipped it back in 3 days. You might consider pushing them to send you another one.

I expect that it spent the first week being shipped to them, likely Labor day slowed it down. CPS members get priority service, but others do not. He can call and ask the status, its likely on its way back. Canon is not great at keeping customers up to date with the status of a repair. I usually received the repaired product before I am notified that it shipped.

If Canon USA has had it for three weeks, its time to call and ask. Some countries are a lot slower than the USA. Canon Canada has had a lot of complaints about speed. It may be that they suffer from slow shippers.

Upvote 0

Thanks
I know its been 2 years since post. but my 7D II started getting this error. I am prepping to send back for exam via CPS program. I have beat a lot of photographs out of my 7d II (A lot of Sports) already had shutter replaced. With the 7D being put to rest what should I switch too. or Limp along unti something new arrives?

Upvote 0