7D Red/green spots, normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2010
cezargalang said:
I've been shooting alot of landscapes and i cant help but notice these red and green spots that are on my photos when i magnify my images to 100%. Is this supposed to be normal? i mostly shoot ISO 100 and Long exposures.

Edit: I see them on Raw conversion.

cezargalang said:
I've been shooting alot of landscapes and i cant help but notice these red and green spots that are on my photos when i magnify my images to 100%. Is this supposed to be normal? i mostly shoot ISO 100 and Long exposures.

Do you have an example you can post? Try this: set your camera to "manual clean" and leave it for a minute. Don't clean it, just activate the procedure. That can fix it, I know it works for me.

Upvote 0

DJL329

EOS R5
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2010
www.flickr.com
cezargalang said:

Stuck/dead pixels will show up on long exposures. It's not a big deal. Here's a link with more info.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1018&message=34453855

Upvote 0
C

cezargalang

DJL329 said:
cezargalang said:

Stuck/dead pixels will show up on long exposures. It's not a big deal. Here's a link with more info.

Your link says that Adobe ACR on photoshop/lightroom does a good job of "removing" hot pixels. But why don't i see any big changes when i reduce noise from raw conversion? its always minimal.

btw will you see these hot pixels on large prints?

Upvote 0

DJL329

EOS R5
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2010
www.flickr.com
cezargalang said:
DJL329 said:
cezargalang said:

Your link says that Adobe ACR on photoshop/lightroom does a good job of "removing" hot pixels. But why don't i see any big changes when i reduce noise from raw conversion? its always minimal.

btw will you see these hot pixels on large prints?

I simply remove them in Photoshop using either the Clone Stamp or Spot Healing tools.

Upvote 0
C

cezargalang

cezargalang said:

Do you have an example you can post? Try this: set your camera to "manual clean" and leave it for a minute. Don't clean it, just activate the procedure. That can fix it, I know it works for me.
[/quote]

so do i have to do this everytime?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.