85mm f/1.2 ii or 135mm f/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
NY Wedding Photographer said:
The 85mm 1.2 II is very is Extremely sharp wide open, at least my copy is. It all depends which body you use, for example those that say the 85mm 1.2 II is "no so sharp" wide open probably use a low level dslr like the 5DII.
I use a 1Dx and 5D3, Crazy sharpness, I also have the 135mm. the 85mm gets most use for casual portraits but for fashion its the 135mm, and the 200mm f/2.
all these lenses are crazy sharp. Most versatile, is the 85mm. Get that!

I would tend to agree, I never had an issue with the sharpness wide open. My take is, if I cannot use a lens wide open, Why am I paying 2x-5x the price? You cannot focus and recompose with the 85 1.2, you need to use the correct AF points with this lens, and when you do, it makes you smile :)

Upvote 0
NY Wedding Photographer said:
The 85mm 1.2 II is very is Extremely sharp wide open, at least my copy is. It all depends which body you use, for example those that say the 85mm 1.2 II is "no so sharp" wide open probably use a low level dslr like the 5DII.
I use a 1Dx and 5D3, Crazy sharpness, I also have the 135mm. the 85mm gets most use for casual portraits but for fashion its the 135mm, and the 200mm f/2.
all these lenses are crazy sharp. Most versatile, is the 85mm. Get that!

Wait...

What? "Low level dslr like the 5dii" as a cause of a lack of sharpness?

Give me a 5d2 and the 85 1.2, and I'll give you an image so sharp you'll need to view it with safety goggles on.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.