A Bit of EOS 5D Mark IV & EOS 7D Mark II Information [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
While [CR3] level specifications for the EOS 5D Mark IV have been hard to come by, something we’ll be able to fix some time this week. We do have some information on pricing and kits that’ll be available.</p>
<p>We’re told that the body only will likely come in less than what the EOS 5D Mark III launched at, which was $3499. We’re told the EOS 5D Mark IV would come in at $3299 USD. As always with pricing, it could be old information and things may have moved a bit due to currency fluctuations. While we’d love to see a $2999 price point, we don’t think that’s likely with the information we have.</p>
<p>The EOS 5D Mark IV will come in two kits, one with the EF 24-70mm f/4L IS and the other with the brand new EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II. The EF 24-70mm f/4L IS kit will be the lower priced option between the two lens options.</p>
<p>As for the EOS 7D Mark II, we’re told that the body and lens kits will come bundled with the upcoming W-P1 wifi adaptor going forward. This should tell you that the EOS 7D Mark II will be around for a while  and not to expect an update in 2017. A EOS 7D Mark  II will also be kitted with the new EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens.</p>
<p>We haven’t received any more information about the EOS 7D Mark II firmware update that’s coming.</p>
<p><em>More to come…</em></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

This should tell you that the EOS 7D Mark II will be around for a while and not to expect an update in 2017. A EOS 7D Mark II will also be kitted with the new EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens.</p>
<p>We haven’t received any more information about the EOS 7D Mark II firmware update that’s coming.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>[/html]
[/quote]

Big mistake, in my opinion. I loved the 7d and was thoroughly underwhelmed by the update as far as image quality and noise are concerned. I've since moved on to full frame as I'd rather live with the loss of reach than with the garbage the 7d mk2 produces at high iso. If I were to go back to crop sensor there's no even a question the D500 is the way to go.

Upvote 0

JP

Aug 5, 2014
Oh great... a 3K 5DMk4... That means 1/200ths top sync speed... sloooooow shutter lag making it useless for action photography... and a slow processor.... along with two or so stops of lower ISO performance than a camera that is only 1/3 more in value... but the 7D MK2 is a camera that has all the features I want, minus the FF sensor.. that costs just 1/2 of what the "5" body is going to cost me... Thank you in advance Canon for producing another annoying camera... one that does not need a built in VG... I's going to suck..... I just know it..

Upvote 0
Cthulhu said:
This should tell you that the EOS 7D Mark II will be around for a while and not to expect an update in 2017. A EOS 7D Mark II will also be kitted with the new EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens.</p>

Big mistake, in my opinion. I loved the 7d and was thoroughly underwhelmed by the update as far as image quality and noise are concerned. I've since moved on to full frame as I'd rather live with the loss of reach than with the garbage the 7d mk2 produces at high iso. If I were to go back to crop sensor there's no even a question the D500 is the way to go.

You won't get much better high ISO behavior with the D500 compared to the 7DII:

http://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm#Canon%20EOS%207D%20Mark%20II,Nikon%20D500

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
Cthulhu said:

Depends what update you wanted/expected. I think the noise is much more workable than the original 7D giving almost 1.5 stops improvement. But then the 7D2 was not so much about image quality as vastly improved AF and increase in maximum FPS.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
CaptureWhatYouSee said:
Cthulhu said:

http://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm#Canon%20EOS%207D%20Mark%20II,Nikon%20D500

Of course he will...

JGBlock-Greener.jpg

;)

Upvote 0
JP said:
Oh great... a 3K 5DMk4... That means 1/200ths top sync speed... sloooooow shutter lag making it useless for action photography... and a slow processor.... along with two or so stops of lower ISO performance than a camera that is only 1/3 more in value... but the 7D MK2 is a camera that has all the features I want, minus the FF sensor.. that costs just 1/2 of what the "5" body is going to cost me... Thank you in advance Canon for producing another annoying camera... one that does not need a built in VG... I's going to suck..... I just know it..

Jeez, someone needs holidays badly. I'm sure Canon is not doing it just to piss you off

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
JP said:
...the 7D MK2 is a camera that has all the features I want, minus the FF sensor.. hank you in advance Canon for producing another annoying camera... one that does not need a built in VG... I's going to suck..... I just know it..

Canon already makes a full frame version of the 7DII. It was released earlier this year and actually has some improvements over the 7DII. You might check it out.

Upvote 0
CaptureWhatYouSee said:
Cthulhu said:

I like Canon, but the D500 is - all in one seen - an step better than the 7DII. The Af is incredible. My husband owns one. And combined with an fast prime, it beats the 7DII.
Maybe Canon will make the 7Ds AF system better

Upvote 0
My question is: Why cheaper? I have seldom seen an product that gets cheaper and is higher in quality and has more features, than its predecessor. ???

Does that mean, an 5D Mark IV is just an small step forward? 24MP, 1/3 better noise? No stunning upgrade of the Mark III?

Or has Canon an ace up one's sleeve? Is there another Version in preparation Eos 3D?

Upvote 0
daniela said:
CaptureWhatYouSee said:
Cthulhu said:

I like Canon, but the D500 is - all in one seen - an step better than the 7DII. The Af is incredible. My husband owns one. And combined with an fast prime, it beats the 7DII.

I agree that the D500 is better than the 7DII. Except, maybe, for available high quality lenses.

Upvote 0
CaptureWhatYouSee said:
daniela said:
CaptureWhatYouSee said:
Cthulhu said:

I agree that the D500 is better than the 7DII. Except, maybe, for available high quality lenses.

It has to be. Nearly two years later announced. And this is Nikons fight announcement to the 7DII.
My Japanese girlfriends wrote to me, that Sony is planning to mix up the SLR market with an coming high MP and DR body and an action-shooting-capable AF system. And Nikon is hard working on an successor of the D810. -runors, I know. But they rumored the 7RII and the D800 right.

Upvote 0

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
daniela said:
My question is: Why cheaper? I have seldom seen an product that gets cheaper and is higher in quality and has more features, than its predecessor. ???

Does that mean, an 5D Mark IV is just an small step forward? 24MP, 1/3 better noise? No stunning upgrade of the Mark III?

Or has Canon an ace up one's sleeve? Is there another Version in preparation Eos 3D?

Well...moving the clock back several years, when Canon came out with the 40D it entered the market place $100 less then the 30D had sold for new...at $1,399USD (vs. the $1,499 of the 30D). And Canon has managed to keep the xxD line entries in this neighborhood. So, I think we can still expect some quite "delicious" improvements with the 5D Mk IV while they introduce it at a reduced starting $$$ point.

We need to keep in mind that much of the camera's development and manufacturing costs have already been covered in the 7D Mk II, some in the 80D, and quite a few in the 1DX Mk II...

Upvote 0
FramerMCB said:
daniela said:

Well...moving the clock back several years, when Canon came out with the 40D it entered the market place $100 less then the 30D had sold for new...at $1,399USD (vs. the $1,499 of the 30D). And Canon has managed to keep the xxD line entries in this neighborhood. So, I think we can still expect some quite "delicious" improvements with the 5D Mk IV while they introduce it at a reduced starting $$$ point.

We need to keep in mind that much of the camera's development and manufacturing costs have already been covered in the 7D Mk II, some in the 80D, and quite a few in the 1DX Mk II...

I hope you are right. Canon will rise the prices here in Austria in some weeks. So, why reducing their profits?
I think the 5D series is the "working horse" and a little bit an cash cow for Canon.

Upvote 0