A new Canon DSLR seems to be getting teased on social media by a Canon ambassador

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
32 mpixel rebel crop camera and EF-M 300mm f4 with image quality what is better than old EF 300m f4 IS .
And who remembers there used to be 7d serie. Most of peoples wont take pics on rain and dust storm or live mad moist% areas.
I would have bought a Rebel as a back up but they don't have AFMA. Not a serious drawback for general purpose use but when you are trying to take full advantage of a high resolution lens, AFMA can be very important. Mirrorless does have certain advantages.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Yes- could be - but by the way Andy Rouse mentions "shots", I'm thinking this must be a stills-at-30-fps monster. Did you mean that perhaps with that throughput it would also be capable of non-cropped video?

Yes, if it can do stills at 30fps, presumably full resolution stills, full width video shouldn't be a problem. But the problem I have with 4k on the existing models is not the crop, it's the lack of autofocus. Canon only included auto-unfocus :(

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I don't see how he could be talking about video frame rate. First, getting to many sharp shots isn't a reason to reduce your video framerate. And secondly, who on earth uses "motor drive speed" in the context of digital video?

Wonder when we might see what that gear really is. Rumour has it that no new R cameras are coming this year. If this is R related, would Canon allow their testers to hype up a camera so long before it launches?

Or could this be the 80D/7D replacement?

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
So it looks like it’s a camera. Andy posted two more images, as seen below. He puts some exif data along with them, such as the focal length of the lens and aperture/shutter speed, etc.

His comments about catching the full sequence make me think it has something like the 'pre-capture' (Panasonic) or 'Procapture' (Olympus) where, when you half-press the shutter it starts buffering images then when you press the full shutter, it takes the picture and also saves the 30 previous (buffered) photos.
This would not only be very, very nice for wildlife it also suggests they have made improvements in their sensor and/or processor capabilities.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
Yes, if it can do stills at 30fps, presumably full resolution stills, full width video shouldn't be a problem. But the problem I have with 4k on the existing models is not the crop, it's the lack of autofocus. Canon only included auto-unfocus :(

Heat dissipation may be a problem with a full frame 4K video. Interesting times though.

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2018
this is sounding like a serious bit of kit! your going to need to upgrade your computing power by 100 fold just to store your photos. may be adobe should do a 100 terabyte plan for 9.99 a month
yep you spend more time with deleting pictures than actually taking them :p ,couple minute action and youll get 2000 picture you need look through. :p

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0