A New Full Frame Zoom Coming in 2016 [CR2]

slclick said:
AvTvM said:
ajfotofilmagem said:
Neuro would say:
You obviously know better than Canon ... ::)

Yes, I do. Canon is a fairly stupid company. Seriously.

Dumbest thing ever said award.

And it's a hotly contested category!

(Incidentally, if we're including L lenses, doesn't the 28-300 count as a superzoom?)

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
neuroanatomist said:
Don Haines said:
We-Are-Legion-The-Story-of-the-Hacktivists-2012-215x323.jpg

;D

no need to exaggerate. judging from the posting volume and presence of "Neuro" and considering how much f*cling time i am wasting on this forum ... my calculations say: 3-5 people posting under neuro nick. all of them canon fanboyz. what else ...

Upvote 0
I've already said this in another thread, but I'll repeat it: it's amazing, astounding, incredible how much a thread on CR becomes entertaining as soon as it derails from the original topic. Let's do it more often! ;D

AvTvM said:
...I honestly believe, the multiple people posting under that Neuro nick (it clearly is more than 1 person!) are all paid by Canon. Any other explanation is less likely.

I'm confused, I thought the opposite, some time ago the internet said a single person was behind multiple identities, now you assert the opposite... ??? ???

Don Haines said:
Don Haines, fluffy cat, canoeist, and frozen Canuck are really different people.......

And I am sure that Neuro, Mt. Spokane, Dilbert, jrista, and Click are really the same person :) and they can type really fast!!!!

I don't know what to think, you've undermined my certainty. I so much admired that person that not only managed to get paid by Canon, but also by Nikon and Sony at the same time! Now you've destroyed my role model. :'(

pentaxrumors.com, here I come!

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2010
dilbert said:
It is too early yet to decide if Canon has been smart or stupid.

Who would have said in the 1990s that Kodak was stupid?

When the digital photography age dawned in 2000 especially with the arrival of D1, EOS-D30 and EOS-1D, the rule of analog film was over. To transit to digital age, traditional film manufacturers needed to get their feet wet in electronics, and Kodak was not willing to do so. Their demise is not unexpected.

Presently, I cannot think of devices that can produce the same image quality as large scale sensors. If, however, digital software manipulation in cell phones is able to produce the same effect (high ISO, bokeh and speed), then, yes, I agree the age of Canikon is over.

MILCs may be the next evolutionary (not revolutionary) step for digital photography, but they are really not that small & lightweight. Besides, Canikon already have some experience with MILCs, so it's not hard for them to plunge headlog into the MILC market.

Upvote 0
Feb 8, 2013
dilbert said:
Don Haines said:
AvTvM said:
ajfotofilmagem said:
Neuro would say:
You obviously know better than Canon ... ::)

Yes, I do. Canon is a fairly stupid company. Seriously.

That's how they maintain their position of #1 in sales for a decade.....

It is too early yet to decide if Canon has been smart or stupid.

Who would have said in the 1990s that Kodak was stupid?

If someone invents a technology that cuts out 99% of the cost and effort of photography, and a company entirely reliant on the photography industry rejects said technology, it's pretty easy to predict the outcome.

Upvote 0
Feb 8, 2013
Woody said:
Presently, I cannot think of devices that can produce the same image quality as large scale sensors. If, however, digital software manipulation in cell phones is able to produce the same effect (high ISO, bokeh and speed), then, yes, I agree the age of Canikon is over.

It's only a matter of time before Apple starts using clustered sensors, the first dual sensor prototypes are already in the rumor mill. Cellphone IQ is going to keep going up.
The 1DX has nothing to worry about but Rebels are going to become more and more questionable as time goes by.
I still suspect that the eventual release of a Full Frame Rebel isn't out of the question.

I'm actually still kind of shocked that Canon doesn't have an Android phone. It's an open platform and they're excellent hardware manufacturers, it would probably take them all of a week to come up with something that takes phone calls and has a great camera. Not to mention the option of getting stock Android is a luxury right now, the less they mess with it the better.
At the very least they need to sell something as an accessory. The DxO One is probably on the right track, their implementation is just horrible, that thing does not look vacation friendly at all.

Canon just needs to make a hard case for the iPhone with a big juicy battery and nice camera built in. Maybe give it some expansion memory and an extra port.
Heck, if anyone would make an iPhone case with a big battery and expandable memory it would sell like hotcakes.
That or something super tiny but still better quality than the camera on your phone, if you can give people a camera that's even more convenient than digging your phone out of your pocket, that would sell.
People will pay for a better camera, but it needs to complement their existing device.

Upvote 0