A photojournalist who uses Canon comments on the EU and video limits.

j-nord

Derp
Feb 16, 2016
Colorado
Yes, the EU is a bureaucratic cesspool that over regulates ever facet of your life. Don't worry your elected EU officials have no power, cannot propose new laws or repeal existing ones. All power is held by internally appointed officials who have no accountability.

I think this is far too political a topic for the canonrumors forum. Interesting nonetheless.

Upvote 0
The link does not work for me. ISE 500 error.

I am not Yon's biggest fan as I find him to be far too self promotional and never shy to use flammatory subjects to achieve more hits/fame etc.

I do quite a bit of video and have, over the years, encountered the 30-minute regulation only once. Frankly it is a non-issue, as if you know what is going to happen you plan accordingly. You may lose a second of image, perhaps two. Or you can stop recording during a break in proceedings before you get to 29:59.

It is such a rare occurrence I wonder why it gets discussed so much.

If you really want to frequently shoot continuous video for longer than 30 minute without a single 1-2 second pause to restart the clock, then perhaps you should not be using a DSLR.

You will also need plenty of batteries. When I am at an all day event with different sessions through the day, I plug my charger in, shoot, change battery charge one, replace repeat etc.

Upvote 0