A Shake-up Coming to the APS-C DSLR Lineup? [CR2]

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
slclick said:
Raise your hand if you yourself (no, not a spouse or whomever) would buy one of these proposed (and rumored) models. Yeah, that's what I thought. A bunch of guys on the internet complaining about things that aren't even up their alley.

I will almost certainly buy an 80D/7DII successor if the image quality is improved. It's my workhorse camera and is just about perfect -- being APSC doesn't matter, because practically every shot is ISO100.

Which APSC successor -- now that's more interesting. It's possible I might like the in-between model better. What I want:

- If one model had visibly better high ISO IQ, that would be huge
- Size: I quite like the 80D size. But it's not determinative by any means.
- Flippy screen - must have!
- Fancy autofocus - I would really appreciate center expanding points. I don't care about the rest of it (Cases iTTR, tracking, blah blah blah). If one model had faster autofocus, that would be big.
- I would take UHSII model, over one that didn't, if only for faster read times when offloading to PC.
- I don't care about video at all.
- I don't care about FPS, as long as it's at least 8.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Orangutan said:
slclick said:
Raise your hand if you yourself (no, not a spouse or whomever) would buy one of these proposed (and rumored) models. Yeah, that's what I thought. A bunch of guys on the internet complaining about things that aren't even up their alley.
question%20raising%20hand.png

I've been saving/planning for a 7D3 if the price and features are reasonable.
+1

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
Orangutan said:
slclick said:

+1. (7d owner)

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Don Haines said:
Orangutan said:
slclick said:

+1

I fully expect to buy two 7DIIIs, one for me and one for my spouse.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
unfocused said:
Don Haines said:
Orangutan said:
slclick said:

+1

Yeah, bit you guys are only considering it because you're locked into the Canon system and are being forced to stay there, right? Because we all know that the D500 is better than the 7DIII can possibly be, right? And the D510 will be even better, right? ;)

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist: near miss. I´m locked with Canon because other manufacturers have greater problems on their hands. I jumped once, and saw what a mistake I did. Now, for the company solving everything major problem, working generaly well, it´s quite shame that they don´t go after some other things some more. Technology is there, everybody else does it, but not Canon. But what I see they actually go after it. It just takes more time than expected. See poor sensor (DR) performance apology way, and others. Now we´re probably heading to the end of poor lens selection era for EOS M. All this wasn´t debunked at the time of discussion, but it was, eventually in time for the isuue discussed.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
unfocused said:
Don Haines said:
Orangutan said:
slclick said:

+1

Yeah, bit you guys are only considering it because you're locked into the Canon system and are being forced to stay there, right? Because we all know that the D500 is better than the 7DIII can possibly be, right? And the D510 will be even better, right? ;)

If all my gear were stolen I'd take a hard look at the D500 and Nikon glass. I don't know that I'd buy, but I'd seriously consider it.

Upvote 0
With the new speed of the new high megapixel cameras, D850 & AR7III, it is making it harder and harder for me to consider a crop sensor like the 7d III if that is what it will be. I love my original 7d but it is easier for me to do creative cropping in post with a high megapixel photo. I have just been waiting patiently for the new 5DRII to see what the fps will be. I would be happy with 6 or 8 fps and better DR. If nothing by end 2019 I probably will have to switch. I am getting older and time is one thing I can't replace.

Upvote 0