A size comparison between the RF 24-105mm f/4L IS and RF 28-70mm f/2L

From my position in photography announcing a camera with no IBIS and and two lenses with no IS seems loony.

I know I should just get used to it but I'd like Canon to hit a home run some day. This stuff is a double at best. This business of kind of manipulating us into taking a little less than the best feature set is tiring. Give me everything dammit and I'll pay for it and be slap happy.

Upvote 0

eyeheartny

EOS R | 50 1.2 RF
Sep 3, 2018
We need to be careful about size comparisons. In this picture from CanonWatch, the width of the hotshoe in the 5DIV is 25% bigger than that on the R. This means that the photo of the 5DIV is 25% bigger than the R and so the comparison is completely misleading.
View attachment 180108.

Yep, good call. This YouTube video has a section where the poster scales up the R based on the hotshoe size (a perfect reference) and the R with lens is much closer to the size of the 5D + lens.

This is what it looks like when the hot shoe is scaled accurately.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 1.00.56 PM.jpg

Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
A huge lens, just as expected, but really tempting to try this little monster. Seems that the whole package will come without image stabilization since the EOS R has no IBIS according to the latest spec list rumored (maybe later models will offer some IBIS). I personally don't mind much, because this lens will be so heavy that you can rely on its Passive Inertia Stabilization (PIS). Plus, I don't sheik my booty so much when I shoot ;)

Upvote 0