A7r for only 199$!!! The real deal!

Nov 17, 2011
privatebydesign said:
neuroanatomist said:
From the T&C you must agree to during purchase:

[quote author=Sony]
In the unlikely event that a price stated on a Sony Web site or direct sales materials are incorrect, then the following applies: If a Product's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower price and ship you the Product. If a Product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

I have no doubt they'll cancel my order, but for $200, why not try?? ;)

That was my feeling with the EOS-M which I have come to really like, the problem for me and the Sony is I have no lenses so in the unlikely event I actually get one I'll have to think of what to do!
[/quote]
Willing to share my FE28 and FE55 if you need it for the weekend ;D

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Dylan777 said:
privatebydesign said:
neuroanatomist said:

[quote author=Sony]
In the unlikely event that a price stated on a Sony Web site or direct sales materials are incorrect, then the following applies: If a Product's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower price and ship you the Product. If a Product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

That was my feeling with the EOS-M which I have come to really like, the problem for me and the Sony is I have no lenses so in the unlikely event I actually get one I'll have to think of what to do!
[/quote]

That would be good, but you are in LA and I am in FL, maybe we could meet up in Texas and see Ramon ;D

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:

[quote author=Sony]

[/quote]

Although I'm a dedicated Canon shooter, I ordered two. I plan to use one for landscape work and sell the other to fund a lens purchase. If it doesn't work out, I'll sell the other body too. I've been meaning to give Sony a try for a while, but never did so, except for a RX100, which I really liked. This is a painless way to check them out.

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
privatebydesign said:
Dylan777 said:
privatebydesign said:
neuroanatomist said:

[quote author=Sony]

That would be good, but you are in LA and I am in FL, maybe we could meet up in Texas and see Ramon ;D
[/quote]

I'm in, have a wonderful weekend ;)

Almost forgot, can't wait to see your photos with your new toy. I'm going to sit out little more, until, it reaches $2500.

Upvote 0
they finally took it down. The web site was getting hammered pretty hard with the news all over the internet.

At this point with potentially thousands of cameras and lenses ($12K lens for $1K!) on both Amazon and Sony, chances of getting them are pretty slim. Their terms of service specify that if there is an error they can cancel and its probably what will happen.

Sony has two options here, they can get a phenomenal PR and new SONY users or end up with an egg on their face and somewhat smaller chance that anybody interested will try their products in the future. I would imagine that millions of dollars lost would actually make for a very good marketing campaign so in a way I am hoping they actually deliver.

pierre

Upvote 0

Keith_Reeder

I really don't mind offending trolls.
Feb 8, 2014
Blyth, NE England
If this thing was $199, doesn't it tell you just how well this "superlative" camera (y'know - it must be, because it's got a Sony sensor) is actually selling out there in The Real World?

The Real World. Where people don't whine all day about Sony's supposed - and supposedly essential - DR superiority, and Canon's "show stopping" lack thereof...

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
ray5 said:
neuroanatomist said:

[quote author=Sony]
Same here. Thx!!!
[/quote]

+10

Maybe we will get lucky or perhaps sony will give us a small gift in store credit as an apology if they cancel the order.

Upvote 0