Accessing raw files from 5diii and 1dx mii on mac snow leopard software choices

As the title says trying to get to see and hopefully manipulate raw files on a white MacBook that is some leopard limited. I'm on a trip and my main travel computer has failed so I'm trying to get some software that will allow me access to recent raw files.
It will not load recent CR definition for aperture iPhoto and canon has no new dpp for this operating system.
On this back up of a back up computer that does not have Adobe apps on it.

So any software that anyone can suggest? Low cost would be nice .

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi applecider.
Try Fast Stone Viewer.
It is free, small, light, will work straight from the raw files no converting (on import, it will export to JPEG) but I don't think it is as flexible as Adobe products, also I have no idea if it can batch convert, I use it as my default viewer for culling duds since Windows stopped natively supporting newer raw files.

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0
Will try valvebounce. The Adobe converter does not support recent cameras and snow leopard on a white mac book is limited to Mac OS X 10.6.8 and 32 bitness. The most recent Adobe that will install is a version of raw converter 7. The up to date one is version 9.x. The older versions don't seem to be getting the new raw definition love. I've only got two more days here and less than half full cards so I guess I'll just have to wait, though it would be nice to see how the images work out so I could repeat any bad ones.

One I particularly want is the Milky Way framed by Scargo tower on the top of cape cod, of course clear skies are a prerequisite.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your attempts at help.

The MacBook is a 32 bit core not a 64 bit machine and all the software suggested so far except irident which I haven't tried requires Mac OS 10.7 or better and the machine maxes out at 10.6.8.

Fast stone sounds interesting but I don't have a Windows partition on this machine, so maybe when I get back. This quest was a good way to demonstrate the need for upgrades, of computing power.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi applecider.
My apologies, I did not realise Fast Stone was Windows only, I should have checked before wasting your time.

Cheers, Graham.

applecider said:
Thank you all for your attempts at help.

The MacBook is a 32 bit core not a 64 bit machine and all the software suggested so far except irident which I haven't tried requires Mac OS 10.7 or better and the machine maxes out at 10.6.8.

Fast stone sounds interesting but I don't have a Windows partition on this machine, so maybe when I get back. This quest was a good way to demonstrate the need for upgrades, of computing power.

Upvote 0