Actual Reviews for the R5/R6?

davidhfe

CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015
Has anyone heard anything about when actual reviews will get released? At this point I'm guessing a lot of you tubers will need to just wait for retail bodies, but it certainly seems like at least some of them will get production bodies before launch (Fro? Northrups?) and I'd be surprised if DPR had to wait until after launch for a body? If so that almost seems like a sort of big red flag.

If the R5 ships in 2 weeks, surely there are production models already headed to DPR and the like?

davidhfe

CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015
I don't think we'll know till the NDA/embargo ends. If the demand-exceeds-supply articles are correct, Canon can drag their heels with seeding review units, they can wait till the second batch leaves the factory.

That seems super out of character for Canon. I get only putting it in the hands of ambassadors before the announcement, but no reviews until after launch? That’s a little sketchy.

Upvote 0

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
Has anyone heard anything about when actual reviews will get released? At this point I'm guessing a lot of you tubers will need to just wait for retail bodies, but it certainly seems like at least some of them will get production bodies before launch (Fro? Northrups?) and I'd be surprised if DPR had to wait until after launch for a body? If so that almost seems like a sort of big red flag.

If the R5 ships in 2 weeks, surely there are production models already headed to DPR and the like?
Just went to a Zoom meeting with a Canon tech rep who just got his pre production R5 and R6 a couple of days ago so even he didn't have the production model yet. He spent an hour answering questions from us and showing some pictures he took in the last day or so. What was so impressive to me was the vastly improved ISO noise performance and how much better the R6 is over the R5 is in this area--quite stunning. The R6 is actually usable at 50,000 ISO if you look at a snapshot of a street scene taken at dusk. Looked almost like my 7DMKII at 1600!
Catherine

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0