Adobe CC headaches?

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
My problem with Adobe CC lately has been one of lens profiles disappearing. I have the Canon profiles for my lenses loaded into my camera so I assume lens corrections are made in camera for those?

However, my Tamron lens is no longer visible (and many Canon Lenses) in the lens profiles in Lightroom. There is no automatic selection either. Lightroom doesn't even recognise the brand of lens on my camera.

All this could be my fault and maybe I clicked something I should not have clicked somewhere down the line.

I have downloaded the lens profile downloader from Adobe, but that is no help to me at all. My Tamron lens is not listed. It used to be in Lightroom.

I like the subscription model because even I can afford it.

I'll probably have to get on the horn with Adobe to straighten this out. My first year with the subscription was paid by myself. This second year was free with my 5D Mark III purchase through Adorama.

Upvote 0
I took the Photography sub via Amazon after my full CC package expired.

I was able to add this to my existing Adobe ID. Amazon charged me monthly.

Everything worked fine until the subscription ended, when my perpetual licence of CS6 also stopped working. This was installed and activated before the CC subscription, was still working after the sub ended, and then just quit randomly.

A full uninstall of all CC & CS6 apps was required.

My intention is to never purchase another subscription from Adobe, regardless of the discount. I don't like activation, and even less subscriptions. I've paid for all my software, but it's only the honest customers that get inconvenienced.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
CanonFanBoy said:
My problem with Adobe CC lately has been one of lens profiles disappearing. I have the Canon profiles for my lenses loaded into my camera so I assume lens corrections are made in camera for those?

However, my Tamron lens is no longer visible (and many Canon Lenses) in the lens profiles in Lightroom. There is no automatic selection either. Lightroom doesn't even recognise the brand of lens on my camera.

All this could be my fault and maybe I clicked something I should not have clicked somewhere down the line.

I have downloaded the lens profile downloader from Adobe, but that is no help to me at all. My Tamron lens is not listed. It used to be in Lightroom.

I like the subscription model because even I can afford it.

I'll probably have to get on the horn with Adobe to straighten this out. My first year with the subscription was paid by myself. This second year was free with my 5D Mark III purchase through Adorama.

In camera corrections are only made for jpegs, not raws. I don't know which Tamron lens you have, but there are dozens in Lightroom CC

Upvote 0
Maiaibing said:
Have nothing than trouble with Adobe CC's subscription system. :mad:

Right now waiting for third week to have them accept the 1 year codes I bought from B&H... Getting an "invalid code" reply every time I copy them in. Adobe has so far 4 times promised a follow-up within 24-48 hrs - however, not even once have I heard anything from their "help desk" so far... :'(

They have previously cut me completely out of service for a lengthy time with the software saying I had not paid while their system showed I had paid for several months in advance.

Really despise Adobe's faulty license model. Incredible they do not just manually solve these kinds of problems. How difficult can it be for Adobe to manually input my two codes and add 24 months to my existing subscription?

Hmmm. June 17 now. For over a month Adobe has again and again and again promised a solution within 24-48 hours. Not even once - not a single time ever - has Adobe followed up in any way whatsoever over all these weeks.

I can still not redeem the codes I bought.

Very upsetting... I am especially upset that Adobe does not follow up in any way whatever in spite of promising to do so. So far Adobe has broken their promise to me 5 times when it came to following up with a mail from their support team.

Adobe's so-called "service" and "support" is simply appalling. Adobe lies to their customers - and does not stop doing so even when its pointed out to them.

Adobe's subscription system is severely broken and nothing less than a nightmare to work with. In addition to the above - unresolved issue for weeks now - I have previously had to suffer being cut off from any access to Lightroom and Photoshop for days and days even if Adobe acknowledged that I had already paid for my subscription! Top that up with faulty error messaging from time to time on my screen that I "have not paid and my subscription will expire in 5 days" I can safely say that I have never ever had any software that gave me so much frustration and waste of time as since I changed to Adobe subscription licensing model. And that even if I have chosen to pay in advance for a year or two at a time to simply avoid dealing with the payments too often.

In my last conversation with Adobe "support" I was given lots of "sorry", "we understand", "not our way of doing business", "this time we will come back to you urgently" etc. etc.

To me this sound like more Adobe lies. True to form Adobe has not sent anything for the last 48 hours. :mad: Will wait until tomorrow before talking to support again. But the conclusion seems almost foregone. I will have to see Adobe follow up before I believe any of this.

My experience reflects everything that makes subscription software a dangerous route to go down for customers - including being denied access to software you actually already have paid for. Just happy it only involves my hobby.

:'(

Upvote 0
zim said:
Maiaibing, Capture One Pro + Affinity Photo

If you're on Apple you can do that now if like me you're on MS I'm waiting on the MS version of AP until then I'm using a PS clone which is actually rather good although the interface looks a little old.

Life is too short

Regards

You are right. But I belong to the PC crowd. Some mistakes cling to you... :p

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
Maiaibing said:
zim said:
Maiaibing, Capture One Pro + Affinity Photo

If you're on Apple you can do that now if like me you're on MS I'm waiting on the MS version of AP until then I'm using a PS clone which is actually rather good although the interface looks a little old.

Life is too short

Regards

You are right. But I belong to the PC crowd. Some mistakes cling to you... :p

I'm with the PC crowd too Maiaibing. On a business level I've had dreadful experience with Adobe so on a hobby/personal level I wouldn't give them the time of day. The only solution is to go elsewhere it really is a pointless fight.

Upvote 0
YuengLinger said:
But it is time consuming and a reminder that the subscription model has enough moving parts to be a pita compared to just installing from DVD.

YMMV. For me the subscription model - for any app - is LESS of a PITA than installing from DVD. I have a lot of different devices and I change them frequently. And none have DVD drives. I love the convenience of being able to download installers for my apps when I get to a new machine instead of having to deal with DVD's.

Upvote 0
Maiaibing said:
Maiaibing said:

Right now waiting for third week to have them accept the 1 year codes I bought from B&H... Getting an "invalid code" reply every time I copy them in. Adobe has so far 4 times promised a follow-up within 24-48 hrs - however, not even once have I heard anything from their "help desk" so far... :'(

They have previously cut me completely out of service for a lengthy time with the software saying I had not paid while their system showed I had paid for several months in advance.

Really despise Adobe's faulty license model. Incredible they do not just manually solve these kinds of problems. How difficult can it be for Adobe to manually input my two codes and add 24 months to my existing subscription?

Hmmm. June 17 now. For over a month Adobe has again and again and again promised a solution within 24-48 hours. Not even once - not a single time ever - has Adobe followed up in any way whatsoever over all these weeks.

Very upsetting... I am especially upset that Adobe does not follow up in any way whatever in spite of promising to do so. So far Adobe has broken their promise to me 5 times when it came to following up with a mail from their support team.

Adobe's so-called "service" and "support" is simply appalling. Adobe lies to their customers - and does not stop doing so even when its pointed out to them.

Adobe's subscription system is severely broken and nothing less than a nightmare to work with. In addition to the above - unresolved issue for weeks now - I have previously had to suffer being cut off from any access to Lightroom and Photoshop for days and days even if Adobe acknowledged that I had already paid for my subscription! Top that up with faulty error messaging from time to time on my screen that I "have not paid and my subscription will expire in 5 days" I can safely say that I have never ever had any software that gave me so much frustration and waste of time as since I changed to Adobe subscription licensing model. And that even if I have chosen to pay in advance for a year or two at a time to simply avoid dealing with the payments too often.

In my last conversation with Adobe "support" I was given lots of "sorry", "we understand", "not our way of doing business", "this time we will come back to you urgently" etc. etc.

To me this sound like more Adobe lies. True to form Adobe has not sent anything for the last 48 hours. :mad: Will wait until tomorrow before talking to support again. But the conclusion seems almost foregone. I will have to see Adobe follow up before I believe any of this.

My experience reflects everything that makes subscription software a dangerous route to go down for customers - including being denied access to software you actually already have paid for. Just happy it only involves my hobby.

So ıts July 25 today. Weeks have turned ınto months now. Adobe stıll has no solutıon to gettıng my paıd subscrıptıon workıng.

In spıte of almost ten specıfıc promısses for follow-up from Adobe support not once - as ın not even a sıngle tıme - has Adobe come back to me to follow-up.

Adobe has my money but I have nothıng to show for ıt... Welcome to subscrıptıon-land.

Upvote 0
Hello to all, have not read the posts, but decided to add my impressions after unavoidable switching to CC that, I am ashamed of ;-)

Since the switch my four year old Imac startup time extended to close to 5 min (where are the times when Microsoft and Mac were competing to shorten start up times and they were about 20 sec each?) Yes I know I need a solid state hard drive, but it will come with next computer replacement.
It is obvious that there are very often unexplained network activities while using PS CC especially when batch processing, transferring large amounts of files from other storage devices or cameras etc.
Just over all creepy feelings of somebody's hands being deepened in my computer and loosing precious time waiting for Adobe to do they routine check ups and controls.
I know what the usual corporate defenders will say... we need tinfoil huts, but just wonder how many others feel the same way I do, and do you really don't care for the extra computing time waiting for Adobe to satisfy it's thirst for information about us?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm firmly in the camp of perpetual licence, I will not rent. I don't rent my tv; my fridge; my bed....why should I rent my software? I'm at a stage where virtually all my editing is done in the raw processor. The obvious areas where ACR is inadequate and Photoshop is necessary are 'heavy retouching' and 'compositing.' Retouching in Raw processors is getting better with each iteration so hopefully soon it may be adequate for all bar those at the professional retoucher level (I don't do any compositing). Once this level is reached for me, and I accept we all have different target levels, I won't need Photoshop.....divorce after 12 years! I could then edit in a perpetual licence version of Lightroom (I can also dream as I expect this to go to subscription eventually) but I would be very surprised if 'Capture One' went purely subscription - a lot of their business will come from disaffected Photoshop users being forced onto the subscription model.
Apologies for any glaring inconsistencies, it was a quick post.

Upvote 0
Subscriptions are all nice and well for those of you earning something from your photography.

However, for me, I could get busy and not pick up a camera for two years. Or more. Has happened. What then? Do I keep paying just to be able to open my LR catalog just to be able to view the pictures of my kids I took in the past? Do I have to export everything as DNG and re-catalog everything elsewhere? Their's not a good solution. I'm not going to keep paying to get to see pictures I already have, so that leaves a switch to another system the only reasonable alternative were LR to become subscription-only.

I'll go to CaptureOne, or maybe something open source like DarkTable or, God forbid, RawTherapee.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Here we go again. I expect this thread will be populated with all the same old complaints.

Microsoft is moving to a subscription model. OnOne is going to a subscription model (which costs more than Adobe). Subscription models seem to be the way most software is moving. All the complaining in the world isn't going to change that.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi unfocused.
I couldn't agree more, all the complaining won't work, the only way to influence corporate business is with cold hard cash, if you (generalisation not specifically you) don't like subscription stop paying and go perpetual licence or open source freeware whatever, just stop moaning in the wrong place. This thread is about someone who was willing to go subscription, bought a long term offer and can't get it because of inadequacies in the system and a lack of respect from the supplier who seems to have all the right words written on the prompt card, "yes sir / madam we will get back to you promptly with a solution" hangs up laughing like a drain, "another one fell for the crap we been told to give em!"
Hi maiaibing.
Just a thought, did you pay with a credit card, if so it might be time to call them and go down the services not provided avenue and get your money back then call customer disservices and tell them where to shove it!
Heres hoping that one way or another you can get a resolution that is satisfactory to your needs.

Cheers, Graham.

unfocused said:
Here we go again. I expect this thread will be populated with all the same old complaints.

Microsoft is moving to a subscription model. OnOne is going to a subscription model (which costs more than Adobe). Subscription models seem to be the way most software is moving. All the complaining in the world isn't going to change that.

Upvote 0
Have you tried emailing the CEO of whichever country you are in?
If you do this, be polite...no threats or ranting, just clear facts and a request for his/her help in resolving the issue perhaps briefly stating how it affects you. Brevity is important.
This works, always for me at least. No attachments or it will be binned unopened.
After that it is recovery via the credit card company, then you will need to attach all your correspondence as evidence.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Valvebounce said:
...This thread is about someone who was willing to go subscription, bought a long term offer and can't get it because of inadequacies in the system and a lack of respect from the supplier who seems to have all the right words written on the prompt card, "yes sir / madam we will get back to you promptly with a solution" hangs up laughing like a drain, "another one fell for the crap we been told to give em!"

My mistake and an apology. I looked at this too quickly and thought this was a new thread and not an update to the old thread. My comments were directed at today's comments by others that were simply repeats of the complaints about subscription models. I absolutely agree with your point.

Upvote 0
Maiaibing said:
Maiaibing said:
Maiaibing said:

So ıts July 25 today. Weeks have turned ınto months now. Adobe stıll has no solutıon to gettıng my paıd subscrıptıon workıng.

In spıte of almost ten specıfıc promısses for follow-up from Adobe support not once - as ın not even a sıngle tıme - has Adobe come back to me to follow-up.

Adobe has my money but I have nothıng to show for ıt... Welcome to subscrıptıon-land.

August 25. I have for >200$ subscription and Adobe has still done nothing - zero. To help me.

I have by now been in contact with Adobe Support an astonishing 16 times (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) without being help. Instead I have 15 times been promised follow-up/being contacted/having my problem solved within either 24 or 48 hours.

Yes - 15 times Adobe lied to me (so far). And did nothing - at all ever - to correct the fact that I have bought two year's of Adobe CC subscriptions that do not work...

I have the full documentation of my voyage and will try to unload it to a major US news paper. There are some real "gems" from Adobe "support" in there. Let me just pass one by you for entertainment: A couple of weeks ago a Adobe support person warned me not to follow up on the support case because "When you do that we reset your case" (I have this in writing). No answer to what to do when Adobe did not follow up as promissed... Oh, and the time they changed my case number but never told me, so the case was lost for a while. And then there was the time they locked me out of my account - for "testing" - of course without telling me. And the other time they closed my case because I got another 12 month code and told me I had no use for the two non-working codes anyway since: Hey! - you have a working subscription now! (yes, they actually wrote that too...). And, and, and...

You get the picture. A sorid story of how Adobe's subscription software may leave you in the dark for months without end.

Worst software "service" I have ever come across - no competition.

Upvote 0