Adobe hits $11 billion in annual revenue, a new company record

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I guess it's all perspective. The Adobe subscriptions are inexpensive compared to the Autodesk subscriptions. Maya runs $195/month on its own. So, even at $50/month for the Adobe Suite at full price, it seems like a bargain. $9/month for Lightroom? That seems like a no brainer.
I use several Adobe programs for my work and get the whole CC for $20/month with educational discount, so thanks to all of you philanthropists paying $50/month for helping to keep the price down. I don't take advantage of it for my personal photographic work, and I myself pay for software other than PS and LR.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I guess it's all perspective. The Adobe subscriptions are inexpensive compared to the Autodesk subscriptions. Maya runs $195/month on its own. So, even at $50/month for the Adobe Suite at full price, it seems like a bargain. $9/month for Lightroom? That seems like a no brainer.
Actually that $9.99 gets you LR, PS, and Bridge. Plus a couple other minor fee softwares. And also BeHance the online portfolio. I Can’t think of a better deal. And sometimes I see that whole package in a promotional desk for $7.99

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
SMH People spend thousands of $ on gear, don't blink twice buying a $500 tripod... then bitch about $12/month to process photos. Utter stupidity. Then there's the idea being floated around that corporate profits are evil. Dumb A$$e$

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
What are those ridiculous prices im seeing here? In Europe, the monthly rent for the whole collection is 80eur ($90). Sure, still not bad but its almost double the price of what you people are paying.
The full UK price for the whole Adobe suite is £50/month = 60 euro/month, and for PS+LR is £10/month. And Brexit hasn't happened yet. https://www.adobe.com/uk/creativecloud/plans.html

Upvote 0

gmon750

CR Pro
Jan 30, 2015
I don't have a problem with a company that makes a good profit from a good product. Lately I've been disappointed with Adobe's quality. Their software is just so buggy and inefficient that sometime I dread working on certain kinds of photos because the more edits a photo has, the worse the performance becomes.

Adobe should take a bit of that $11B and focus solely and bug eradication and performance enhancements, particularly with Lightroom.

I'm really disappointed at you Adobe.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
I don't have a problem with a company that makes a good profit from a good product. Lately I've been disappointed with Adobe's quality. Their software is just so buggy and inefficient that sometime I dread working on certain kinds of photos because the more edits a photo has, the worse the performance becomes.

Adobe should take a bit of that $11B and focus solely and bug eradication and performance enhancements, particularly with Lightroom.

I'm really disappointed at you Adobe.
I don't use Lightroom, so I can't comment on it. I have not noticed any such problems with Photoshop, Bridge, or Dreamweaver, which I use daily. I'm running a 5-year-old iMac, though it does have plenty of memory and SSD space, as well as, I think, a pretty decent graphics card for its day. I do think I've read of some incompatibilities with some recent graphics cards, so that could slow you down.

Upvote 0

gmon750

CR Pro
Jan 30, 2015
I don't use Lightroom, so I can't comment on it. I have not noticed any such problems with Photoshop, Bridge, or Dreamweaver, which I use daily. I'm running a 5-year-old iMac, though it does have plenty of memory and SSD space, as well as, I think, a pretty decent graphics card for its day. I do think I've read of some incompatibilities with some recent graphics cards, so that could slow you down.

Photoshop runs fine for the most part on my 2012 5K iMac. However when I fire up Lightroom and begin editing photos from my Canon 5DM3, particularly when there are a lot of edits, the fans kick in on full speed, and the dreaded beach-ball begins to show up. My iMac is a quad-i7, has 64GB of RAM, 1TB SSD, and connected to a 12TB Thunderbolt2 RAID disk array. It's plenty fast. It's been like this since I started using LR years ago. So even with all the performance adjustments done (based on Adobe's support), LR still brings my iMac to its knees.

I wish Adobe would make the effort to put out a release that does nothing but address performance issues instead of coming out with yet more features.

Upvote 0