Adobe reads RP .CR3 !

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
Sep 8, 2012
Just noticed that the latest Adobe DNG Converter (11.2.1 Beta) now can open Canon RP . CR3 images and convert to DNG. Hopefully this means Adobe Camera RAW is not far behind. I'm anxious to see how the images RP look when I can manipulate the RAW in LR and PS.

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
DNG is raw and you can manipulate the images in Lightroom. There should be no difference in a image with the same LR develop settings.

You can also open the file in DPP and save it as Tiff. That will be the same data as DNG, they all store the image itself as Tiff.

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
Sep 8, 2012
Thanks, yeah. What I meant to point out is that my workflow using LR without having to go through DPP or DNG convert is a lot simpler so I anxiously await ACR’s ability to do this. Seems like they have taken the first step

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
Thanks, yeah. What I meant to point out is that my workflow using LR without having to go through DPP or DNG convert is a lot simpler so I anxiously await ACR’s ability to do this. Seems like they have taken the first step
Yes, it should be available soon. However, DPP will batch convert a entire folder of images at once, no need to do one at a time, so its workable until Adobe gets updated. It was updated about the same time as my R arrived which was nice.

Reactions: JPAZ