Adobe software: you don't own it

Status
Not open for further replies.
This applies to subscribers of Adobe Cloud, which I have never been and never would be. This article give even more proof of why that's a waste of money for those of us who are enthusiast or semi-professional photographers. (I suppose it may make sense if you are a full time professional photographer or graphic artist). I am very happy with my (purchased on CD) copy of Photoshop Elements 12. If I ever do need something newer I will buy software from a different company that is sold outright and not leased month-to-month.

unfocused

EOS 5D SR
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.mgordoncommunications.com
Oh for God's sake, there is already another thread on this topic. The warning from Adobe results from a lawsuit between them and Dolby over the use of Dolby technology and they are just cautioning users you can be pulled into the lawsuit as a third party if you use old Adobe software that uses the disputed Dolby feature/code. Yes, Adobe is covering their butts in case they lose the lawsuit, by showing a good faith effort to stop customers from using the disputed software. But, they are also protecting their customers from potential nuisance suits from third parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.