Adobe Updates Camera RAW and Lightroom CC

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Adobe has updated <a href="http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/acr-9-9-now-available.html">Camera RAW</a> to version 9.9 and <a href="http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/lightroom-cc-2015-9-now-available.html">Lightroom CC</a> to 2015.9.</p>
<p><strong>New Canon Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.9</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>New EF/EF-M Lens Support in Lightroom CC 2015.9</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>Canon EF Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM</li>
<li>Canon EF Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM</li>
<li>Canon EF Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM</li>
<li>Canon EF TAMRON 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD B023E</li>
<li>Canon EF TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025E</li>
<li>Canon EF TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025E +1.4x III</li>
<li>Canon EF TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025E +2x III</li>
<li>Canon EF-M Canon EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM</li>
<li>Canon EF-M Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM</li>
</ul>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

AUGS

CR Pro
Feb 13, 2012
Sydney, Australia
LDS said:
Chaitanya said:
But what about Standalone Lightroom users?

AFAIK they get support for new lenses/cameras but not new features. Check the downloads page.

After seeing this a few hours ago, I started Lightroom 6.8 (perpetual license) and Checked for Updates. The update is there for perpetual license owners - I just didn't have time to upload and install. As LDS noted, I suspect only the lenses and cameras are added, and the features will not follow through. I will check when I get home later.

Upvote 0
I was disappointed to see in the version notes an absence of a fix for the issue where after using Lightroom for a while the panels around the image you're working on go black. This was noted as a bug a month or two ago, and many people have been waiting for an update.

I have my fingers crossed that it is fixed but just not properly noted, but I think that less likely.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2012
AUGS said:
LDS said:
Chaitanya said:

AFAIK they get support for new lenses/cameras but not new features. Check the downloads page.

After seeing this a few hours ago, I started Lightroom 6.8 (perpetual license) and Checked for Updates. The update is there for perpetual license owners - I just didn't have time to upload and install. As LDS noted, I suspect only the lenses and cameras are added, and the features will not follow through. I will check when I get home later.

I have perpetual lic...I went there to check and ONLY saw CC update... NOT standalone
I am pretty sure that standalone will corrupt or mess up the perpetual lic... did you say you saw BOTH? versions for updates?

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2010
TommyLee said:
I have perpetual lic...I went there to check and ONLY saw CC update... NOT standalone
I am pretty sure that standalone will corrupt or mess up the perpetual lic... did you say you saw BOTH? versions for updates?

Go here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Then click where it says " > Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6"

Then click on the updater for your platform.

Upvote 0
TommyLee said:
AUGS said:
LDS said:
Chaitanya said:

The software download is exactly the same. The only difference is the license key where the CC license will require a login.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
LDS said:
Chaitanya said:

They get support for new lenses/cameras but not new features. Check the downloads page - Adobe 6.9 is also available (standalone version), there are also a few fixes:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/whats-new.html
Thanks just updated my copy of LR. Its really sad to see the direction Adobe has gone with regards to LR. I am not a Apple fan but seriously since Apple dropped Aperture, Adobe has gone down the drain. Guess competition is always good.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2012
Orangutan said:
TommyLee said:

Go here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Then click where it says " > Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6"

Then click on the updater for your platform.

thank you... friend.

Upvote 0
LDS said:
yorgasor said:
If I don't power cycle my computer regularly, moving sliders can take seconds to respond, imports take forever, and switching between photos takes several seconds.

Even if you close and reopen LR? Because if so, the issue is not in LR. There's something else that is eating CPU cycles and memory.

I get a small improvement for a little bit by closing and reopening LR. It lasts a little longer if I reboot, but for some reason I don't get my full performance back until I power it off and back on. I also get a decent improvement for a while when I tell LR to optimize the catalog. I'm almost half convinced there's some kind of SSD flushing / sync thing when the computer does a full power off, but I haven't been able to fully confirm that through my research.

On the plus side, I just did an upgrade, and now it's behaving as snappy as I've ever seen it. I'll have to let it run for a while and see how it does.

Upvote 0

AUGS

CR Pro
Feb 13, 2012
Sydney, Australia
TommyLee said:
AUGS said:
LDS said:
Chaitanya said:

The uploads are exactly the same. It will be 2015.9cc and 6.9. I accessed the updates through Lightroom itself (via the "Help" and "Updates.." menu [I think that's correct, not at my home PC]) and loaded and installed the update from the pop-up windows in Lightroom. I didn't use the weblinks to download and install from outside the application.

Apologies for the delay, I'm guess I'm in a different timezone to you.

Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2013
yorgasor said:
I just want some performance improvements. I built a system custom designed for Lightroom performance, 64G RAM, Intel i6800k 6 core proc, SSD raid, & GeForce 1070 and still if I don't power cycle my computer regularly, moving sliders can take seconds to respond, imports take forever, and switching between photos takes several seconds.
I could not agree more Adobe Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC definitely hammer ram and run some functions in the background even when you not using them. Ive upgraded my MacBook Pro to the most maxed out machine I can get and some shots still take an age to load. Adobe are not held to task over this through lack of effective competition so its a take it or leave it situation.

Upvote 0