Adobe updates Lightroom Classic, adds a new texture slider and new Canon camera & lens support

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Perhaps people need education about how license agreements work, and how they differ from ownership.
Exactly! Your comment is 100% on point. I don't know that I have ever owned any software. I've always bought a license to use what someone else owns. It has been that way for as long as I remember.

On a side note: I like the subscription model. I find Adobe's photography plan to be very reasonable and I enjoy the updates that come with it. I know others don't like it, but I do.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Concidentally, I was wondering the same thing only last week: I tweaked the clarity and thought 'Whoa! That's garish. What's happened?" I was not sure if the tool had changed because it was always touted as something that tweaks midtones to improve apparent sharpness, then I wondered if it depends on the starting image in that to get a difference on an image that has good lighting, and good small-detail contrast you need to use it more heavily. But I could not escpe the feeling it was not what it used to do.
Then as soon as I used the texture it immediately felt to me that it was what Clarity used to be like. But maybe there is some auto-suggestion coming in. Whatever is happening, I really like the effect of the texture slider.
I like the texture slider too.

Upvote 0