Adobe Updates Lightroom to 6.3, Restores Old Import Screen

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
privatebydesign said:
As an aside, I don't do any printing or proofing in Lightroom, I do it all in PS, call me old fashioned but I never made a print without specific output sharpening and LR sharpening is utter garbage compared to PS sharpening.

Isn't LR using licensed PhotoKit Sharpener code? Is it really so bad (it doesn't offer almost any control compared to the commercial product, true).

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
LDS said:
privatebydesign said:
As an aside, I don't do any printing or proofing in Lightroom, I do it all in PS, call me old fashioned but I never made a print without specific output sharpening and LR sharpening is utter garbage compared to PS sharpening.

Isn't LR using licensed PhotoKit Sharpener code? Is it really so bad (it doesn't offer almost any control compared to the commercial product, true).

I don't know about the software side of it, just the results, I don't understand why there isn't more of a push back about the sharpening in LR, it truthfully is utter garbage when compared to, anything else I ever used to sharpen anything! There is no comparison between LR sharpening and PS Smart Sharpening, indeed the PS subscription is worth the sharpening alone, for me.

Upvote 0
Canon Rumors said:
Lightroom CC 2015.3 and Lightroom 6.3 are now available on Adobe.com.

Sadly, I see no mention of the rather awful problem that is preventing many on the Mac OS X platform from using Bridge to correctly important raw files from cameras and cards. This has been a virtual deal breaker for some and a serious problem for others — with so far no hint of a fix from Adobe.

Dan

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
gdanmitchell said:
Canon Rumors said:
Lightroom CC 2015.3 and Lightroom 6.3 are now available on Adobe.com.

Sadly, I see no mention of the rather awful problem that is preventing many on the Mac OS X platform from using Bridge to correctly important raw files from cameras and cards. This has been a virtual deal breaker for some and a serious problem for others — with so far no hint of a fix from Adobe.

Dan

Anybody that finds that any kind of limitation needs to get a grip. It is a simple matter, and faster, to transfer the images via the OS from card or camera to wherever they will reside and see them via Bridge like that.

Really, sometimes we sound like adolescent schoolgirls with our complete non issues.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Looks interesting to me.
I'm still on LR5 Standalone....no, I"m not going to rent my software either, but I will consider buying the LR6 standalone upgrade, maybe on one more point upgrade.

I like LR and for now, my PS CS6 is plenty good...I did buy the new Affinity Photo which does so far look to be a good PS competitor, I will see what happens going forward.

I do wish there was some way in LR, to have it Edit->Send to Affinity

Anyway, thanks for the LR6 updates on the update...keep the reports coming in and I'll jump in when the water gets a little more temperate.

:)

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
cayenne said:

There is, go to LR Preferences-External Editor-Additional External Editor-Choose, select Afinity. Then when you press Shift Command E the image will open in Afinity, or if you go to the Photo-Edit In Afinity will show up.

Upvote 0
privatebydesign said:
cayenne said:

There is, go to LR Preferences-External Editor-Additional External Editor-Choose, select Afinity. Then when you press Shift Command E the image will open in Afinity, or if you go to the Photo-Edit In Afinity will show up.

That's useful to know, thanks!

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
privatebydesign said:
cayenne said:

Hey, THANK YOU!!

Great info there...much appreciated!!

C

Upvote 0