Adorama is selling 5d3 for $2745 on eBay now

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

e_honda

JasonATL said:
Doh! After waiting to talk to my wife about it and her definitely approving of it, I went to order it... and it is now sold out! :'(

Don't fret. It's been just 6 months since initial release and already we've seen 3 different instances of $700+ discounts, with 2 of those being from authorized dealers.

Chances are it will happen again and we'll probably see a price drop as the Holiday season approaches.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
architect said:
What are the chances another price like this will come out for any retailers in the next month or two? Kicking myself I didn't pull the trigger :'(
Chances are good that we will see more deals. Its a way of reducing excess inventory without officially lowering the price. As long as the economy is slow, Canon is going to have surpluses.

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Chances are good that we will see more deals. Its a way of reducing excess inventory without officially lowering the price. As long as the economy is slow, Canon is going to have surpluses.

Thanks for the optimism! But, I'm still kicking myself over missing this one... I'll certainly be checking ebay more often now.

Upvote 0

drmikeinpdx

Celebrating 20 years of model photography!
I ordered one Sunday and got a message Sunday night. saying that a UPS label had been generated. A tracking number was included.

I saw somewhere in the Adorama messages that orders placed on Sunday would be sent out before the holiday. Unfortunately, my order apparently did not make it out of the building before they locked the doors and went home. UPS says they still have not received the package. :(

Good thing I have plenty of cameras to use while I wait!

Has anyone else been watching their tracking number?

Upvote 0
drmikeinpdx said:
I ordered one Sunday and got a message Sunday night. saying that a UPS label had been generated. A tracking number was included.

I saw somewhere in the Adorama messages that orders placed on Sunday would be sent out before the holiday. Unfortunately, my order apparently did not make it out of the building before they locked the doors and went home. UPS says they still have not received the package. :(

I ordered Saturday afternoon (about 6pm Eastern) and, per UPS tracking, mine is on its way and will be in Colorado Friday. I was about #515.

Upvote 0
L

libertyranger

Luciano Nova said:
ScottyP said:
Maybe B&H will respond with $2,699.00. Price war!

I think it is possible. Again, I´d like to thank libertyranger, the guy who posted the first link. It was a party!
The last 100 orders:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&_trksid=p2047675.l2564&rt=nc&item=390468355036

I am waiting new offers like this. Afterall, I will have to buy the lenses :)

You're welcome! I'm happy for everyone who saw the post and was able to get one!

Upvote 0
drmikeinpdx said:

I was in the 800s and mine will be here Thursday. Departed NJ yesterday.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Tammy said:
Adorama has sold 818 5D Mark III's on ebay alone, which has netted them well over $2,400,000!.. not too shabby.. 100 5D3's were sold alone in the last 9 or so hours of that sale!! and that was when everyone was likely sleeping.

I hope you are not in business. They didn't "net" $2.4 million. The grossed $2.4 million. What they netted was the sale price less wholesale cost, less shipping, less overhead. If they actually made $50 net on each one (which might be more generous than you think) that's about $41,000. That's not bad for a one-day sale, but it's a far cry from $2.4 million and assumes they actually made $50 in profit on each one.

Upvote 0
mirekti said:
Ricku said:
Everyone will just wait for the next.

I bet there are thousands checking ebay every now and than, and hoping they'll get THE deal. :)

Why do you need to check ebay everyday? Just sing up the deal alert from slickdeals.net, and you will get 5D3 deals instantly when there is one. Guys we are living in information age.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.