Adorama is selling 5d3 for $2745 on eBay now

Status
Not open for further replies.
PabloHoneySF said:
drmikeinpdx said:
Has anyone else been watching their tracking number?

Definitely me ::) . I think I was in the 280's on Saturday early afternoon. Since I'm on the West Coast, UPS tracking says Monday delivery... it will be a V E R Y long weekend for me

Same here. I've been spending my time reading the manual of all things. Coming from my T2i this is going to be a HUGE upgrade for me.

Upvote 0
cliffwang said:
mirekti said:
Ricku said:
Everyone will just wait for the next.

I bet there are thousands checking ebay every now and than, and hoping they'll get THE deal. :)

Why do you need to check ebay everyday? Just sing up the deal alert from slickdeals.net, and you will get 5D3 deals instantly when there is one. Guys we are living in information age.

never used slickdeals.net so forgive my ignorance; doesn't this require that someone post the information in the slickdeals forum? so if someone posts here and not slickdeal, the alert won't catch it.

Upvote 0
drmikeinpdx said:
My Mark 3, which I ordered Saturday, finally made it to a UPS facility and UPS is predicting a delivery date of next Monday!

Oddly, it was logged in at a UPS facility in Illinois. Does Adorama have a warehouse there?

Or it flew United Airlines. Cheaper to fly from NY to Illinois with a layover, then to your home :)

Upvote 0

KT

Feb 2, 2012
drmikeinpdx said:
I ordered one Sunday and got a message Sunday night. saying that a UPS label had been generated. A tracking number was included.

I saw somewhere in the Adorama messages that orders placed on Sunday would be sent out before the holiday. Unfortunately, my order apparently did not make it out of the building before they locked the doors and went home. UPS says they still have not received the package. :(

Good thing I have plenty of cameras to use while I wait!

Has anyone else been watching their tracking number?
I placed my order around noon Saturday, got the tracking number email Sunday late afternoon with an expected delivery for Wednesday 9/19 so I got really excited then nothing happened. I called UPS and it looks like they haven't picked up anything, it was just one big misunderstanding I guess.
If you look at the counter, it looks like 818 folks have placed their orders before the deal was shut, doubt a retailer will stock that many 5D Mark III under one roof, I'm hoping the new delivery will come soon and mine will be out for delivery before the end of the week.

Upvote 0
S

Standard

Curious if the batch of Mark III's from the Adorama/Ebay sales have light leak issues. Can any of you confirm whether you have a "1" or a "2" as the sixth digit of your camera serials?

from this post:
http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/04/canon-5d-mark-iii-light-leak-resolution-canon-usa/

Affected Product
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera
*Products whose sixth digit in the serial number is 1 or 2 are affected.
For example, “xxxxx1xxxxxx” or “xxxxx2xxxxxx” ([x] represents any optional number.)

Upvote 0

jdavidse

R5
CR Pro
Sep 13, 2012
Ordered mine Saturday within 2 minutes of this post originating. Not sure where I was in line, but it was early. Got the shipment notification Sunday and it said it would be here (Maryland) Tuesday. Then UPS was reporting it would actually arrive 1 day early on Monday! It never happened, so it arrived Tuesday while I was gone for work. Just got it and am cradling and admiring it now. ;). Sixth digit is a 4, and all is in order. It is one beast of a camera.

Upvote 0
K

kbetters

I ordered mine when the counter was around 400 sold. I got mine today from UPS. However, I experienced the same thing that jdavidse did. The tracking number said it would get here Thursday, but then it said it would get here a day earlier. it did not, but came the day it was originally scheduled for. Yes the camera is a beast. I shoot mostly video and the new features help alot. I know people say its an incremental upgrade, but in reality its not. They have upgraded quite a few things on both the video and photo side.

Also my serial # sixth digit is a 4 as well. No light issues here, just happy shooting.

Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
I don't have mine handy, but I'll check my s/n too and post later.

To those who want to get in on the next round of these deals, I signed up at slickdeals.net and www.canonpricewatch.com. It was the email from canonpricewatch that got this done for me. I never got anything from slickdeals. I thin over there it is harder to predict how people will title their posts and where they will put them, so you have to have LOTS of alerts set. On canonpricewatch.com it sends a note anytime the mkiii price changes below their listed low price the day you sign up. You can also sign up for the ebay daily deals alert. That may help you too.

Good luck everyone! And Thanks to Ebay, Adorama, and Beach/BuyDig for these deals!

-Brian

Upvote 0
A

architect

bbasiaga said:
I don't have mine handy, but I'll check my s/n too and post later.

To those who want to get in on the next round of these deals, I signed up at slickdeals.net and www.canonpricewatch.com. It was the email from canonpricewatch that got this done for me. I never got anything from slickdeals. I thin over there it is harder to predict how people will title their posts and where they will put them, so you have to have LOTS of alerts set. On canonpricewatch.com it sends a note anytime the mkiii price changes below their listed low price the day you sign up. You can also sign up for the ebay daily deals alert. That may help you too.

Good luck everyone! And Thanks to Ebay, Adorama, and Beach/BuyDig for these deals!

-Brian

Where can you sign up for price alerts through Canonpricewatch? I only see notification option for items not in stock.

Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
architect said:
Where can you sign up for price alerts through Canonpricewatch? I only see notification option for items not in stock.

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/product/03868/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-price.html

Right next to the picture of the camera body there is a link that says:

Get notified by e-mail when in-stock, prices drop, or used/refurbished is available.

Click there and put in your information. It brings up a pop up, otherwise I'd try and put the direct link here.

-Brian

Upvote 0
A

architect

bbasiaga said:
architect said:

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/product/03868/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-price.html

Right next to the picture of the camera body there is a link that says:

Get notified by e-mail when in-stock, prices drop, or used/refurbished is available.

Click there and put in your information. It brings up a pop up, otherwise I'd try and put the direct link here.

-Brian

Thanks! I'll also just check this forum regularly. That's how I saw the Adoroma deal anyway :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.