Adorama wants your used Canon EOS-1D X Mark II and Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

If you think the used market is bad for the 5D just be glad you don't have a 1DX2 to unload. Mine is in like new condition and I'm getting offered $2400.
I kept my 1dc and my 1dxii. There is no point really in getting rid of them. Someday you will be like man I liked that camera I wish I still had it. The 1dxmkiii will be a great camera but getting rid of a perfectly working 5d or 1d for a few peanuts is not worth the minimal upgrade. Now if the r5 rumors are true then sell sell sell or maybe not. These are the thought decisions

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Given the fantastic Christmas sales on 5D IV, when they were going new with Canon warranty for under $2,000, it's no surprise the used price has fallen.

On the other hand, the Adorama offer on the 1Dx II is about $1,000 less than what they have been selling for on eBay. It's like trading in a used car vs. selling it. What price are you willing to pay to a seller not to have the hassle of selling it yourself? To me, $1,000 seems a bit steep, especially since I doubt the value of the Mark II is going to drop that much with the release of Mark III.

I only saw sub $2K prices from gray market sellers. What authorized Canon dealer was selling 5D Mark IV bodies for less than $2K before Christmas? $2,399 plus a lot of freebies seemed to be the lowest I saw.

Upvote 0

RunAndGun

CR Pro
Dec 16, 2011
I’ve never bought a piece of gear with the resell value of it in mind. And the times that we are in now... It’s probably the worst it’s ever been for selling used gear. It‘s phenomenal if you’re buying used gear, but on the flip, it’s one step removed from setting it out on the front lawn and letting people just take it.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
I’ve never bought a piece of gear with the resell value of it in mind. And the times that we are in now... It’s probably the worst it’s ever been for selling used gear. It‘s phenomenal if you’re buying used gear, but on the flip, it’s one step removed from setting it out on the front lawn and letting people just take it.
Oh I don't know about that. Sure it's not what it used to be be I just sold an L lens which I gently used for 2 years and sold it for what I bought it for. All I had to pay were the Ebay fees. That took it down to a reasonable level of cost vs use. Now, I currently have no lenses I wish to part with so that's even better as there are fewer and fewer positive high ticket selling moments on Ebay and the like any longer with people defrauding so much these days.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
That was with a $500 factory rebate that lasted for a week.
What's your point? Look, I'm not interested in a fight. I wrote:

Given the fantastic Christmas sales on 5D IV, when they were going new with Canon warranty for under $2,000, it's no surprise the used price has fallen.

You said:
I only saw sub $2K prices from gray market sellers. What authorized Canon dealer was selling 5D Mark IV bodies for less than $2K before Christmas? $2,399 plus a lot of freebies seemed to be the lowest I saw.

I answered your question and provided you with the actual URLs to the prices. And, now you want to argue about it? Why is it so hard to just admit a mistake? No one is going to think less of you.

• Sad
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016

You said:

I answered your question and provided you with the actual URLs to the prices. And, now you want to argue about it? Why is it so hard to just admit a mistake? No one is going to think less of you.

Who's fighting? I just made an observation that it was a very short lived temporary promotion.

Most of those URLs are dead links or are redirected to listings for $2499.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013

You said:

Speaking of low prices, The 5Ds is going for $1163 (grey) It's crazy time!

Upvote 0