Airplane Wreckage

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to post a recent video I took while in Truk Lagoon. This is a short film of the 'Betty Bomber' Airplane wreck. It's a fun and mellow dive. It also happens to be a very photogenic wreck.

I shot this with my trusty Canon 5d, and all of it is shot with natural light an No filters. With the exception of when I am inside, in which I do use some sola lights. I also used the new Canon 16-35mm F4L lens. It has a very good image and relatively sharp corners. Much better than the 17-40mm.

As always, Comments, Likes and Shares are appreciated.
Enjoy!
Dustin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XF4redU_GE

AE-1Burnham said:
Thank you for this Dustin! Nicely made and some great, clear shots. ...I couldn't help but imagine a couple instances (i.e. inside the fuselage perhaps) where the 11-24 would have added something -- but then you need light to cover that.... hehe.
Keep up the sharing,
-John

That would be interesting John. Although word is that the 11-24mm is physically too wide to work in the majority of underwater housings/ports and most likely won't be something underwater people use. I have heard of one photographer use it in a nauticam housing and port, but it was a major work around in order to get it to work.

The problem I see with it, is that generally the wider you get, the worse the corners are when put behind a dome. The 17-40mm was horrible. This new 16-35mm is great.

As for wide, I normally shoot with a 15mm fisheye, but didn't want the curved lines with the wreck, so I have done the fisheye with lights, it is a challenge to say the least.

Dustin

Upvote 0
Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed watching that and am glad you kept it quite short, as I am sure some would have been tempted to drag it out.

The music was far too dramatic for me, something a little toned down would have suited it more I feel, but that is probably just personal taste.

Where did you get the music from?

Well done and keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
expatinasia said:
Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed watching that and am glad you kept it quite short, as I am sure some would have been tempted to drag it out.

The music was far too dramatic for me, something a little toned down would have suited it more I feel, but that is probably just personal taste.

Where did you get the music from?

Well done and keep up the good work.

Thank you for the compliments. I felt the music was boarderline too epic for it, but since music is so hard to get and license, I went with it. It was from audiojungle.

Dustin

Upvote 0
expatinasia said:
Thanks Dustin, I did not know about audiojungle.

It is true that music is a real headache for many people that make their own videos.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you. Yes music is the hardest part of the process for me to be honest. Audiojungle is pretty good for $20 you can get a song licensed to use. Just wish there was more content and variety.

Dustin

Upvote 0