All is quiet regarding the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

Jan 21, 2015
I don't think they're all f/8 based on this frame or else it shouldn't matter what lens is attached, I think?
View attachment 186046
Actually it could matter, check 7DII manual for example (from page 100 onwards): http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/0300016942/04/EOS_7D_Mark_II_Instruction_Manual_EN.pdf
That Raw burst looks like it starts shooting and keeps going until the buffer is full then starts erasing the earlier images until you trigger it to stop. I.e. so if you're waiting for the action to start you can start shooting way before without risk of filing the buffer and then once the action stops you let off the shutter to keep the last x images remaining in the buffer. That is a killer feature, and I likely butchered the explanation
MFT has had that since 2016, at 60fps. :LOL: Nice to see others implementing it too.

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
A CR post about nothing getting out of Canon lately and on the first page the upcoming announcements are leaked! Fantastic timing right there.

But man, nice time ahead. 14 FPS on the M6. So they actually managed to get their speed under contro?! 14 * 32.5 MP/s is 42% more throughput than the 1DX II can handle. And the M6 isn't even near to being a flagship mirror less. That get's me quite excited for the higher end R bodies.

And if they managed such a drastic improvement in that area... If they also managed to improve Dr even further, Sony is doomed!

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
A CR post about nothing getting out of Canon lately and on the first page the upcoming announcements are leaked! Fantastic timing right there.

But man, nice time ahead. 14 GPS on the M6. So they actually managed to get their speed under control. 14 * 32.5 MP/s is 42% more throughput than the 1DX II can handle. That get's me quite excited for the higher end R bodies.

And if they managed such a drastic improvement in that area... If they also managed to improve Dr even further, Sony is doomed!

The 14 fps is going to be crop, though, so not 14 * 32.5 MP/s.

The 90D, at 10 * 32.5 MP/s, is almost exactly the same throughput as the 1DX II (16 * 20.2 MP/s).

EDIT: I would delete this because I think I'm wrong, but I'll leave it up and say "I think I'm wrong." ;) It's 30 FPS burst and 14 FPS (like you say) in normal operation.

Upvote 0
If the 90D is like the video, that would be huge! Now if only they did similar to the 6DII. I have and really like the 6D, but if mine would crap out, I am not sure what I would do. 5D4 is overkill, too big, too heavy and too expensive for my photography, mostly nature and landscape. A slightly faster frame rate for occasional running events but especially a non-crippled focusing system would be nice. Not holding my breath, though.

Upvote 0

PeterT

EOS 80D
Jan 19, 2017
If the video is genuine...I will sell my 80D.

For which feature (asking seriously)?
Different people, different expectations and needs...

If the video is genuine, I have no reason to sell my 80D. Video is not important to me (FHD 60FPS is more than enough), 10FPS and improved focusing seem to me not an improvement big enough for the upgrade. And 32.5MP is an overkill (more a problem than a welcome feature to me).
The previous rumors mentioned IBIS. That was the only feature for which I would consider upgrading...

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
The 14 fps is going to be crop, though, so not 14 * 32.5 MP/s.

The 90D, at 10 * 32.5 MP/s, is almost exactly the same throughput as the 1DX II (16 * 20.2 MP/s).
Where did you get the impression that the 14 FPS are cropped? I didn't spot that. The 30 FPS Burst mode is cropped.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2018
Looks like no auto focus at 120, and cropped in. Also, they note that the 4K is output through processing? I wonder if that just means pixel binning or something else?
View attachment 186045

Is it real 4K or is it an up scale like on the R is the first question.

There had been patents floating around for IBIS on a DSLR. That is not here which I would have expected if the tech was coming in the near future.

Upvote 0

bitcars

5D mark II
Apr 24, 2019
If this picture is accurate, look at the sealing of the memory card door, then 90D is likely to have only a single SD card slot..

1566242004928.png

Canon, I am not sure 7D II users will be too happy about that.. :oops:

Edit: I guess there is still hope that they perhaps figure out a way to stack 2 vertical SD cards in that little space?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
What I like about the M6 II (so far) as far as ergonomics are concerned:

(1) In my hands, the ISO was too easily accidentally changed in the M6 I. It looks like this has been changed.

(2) In my hands, in certain specific usage patterns (i.e. dangling around my neck with a non-stock [much-smaller] strap...while mated to te 18-150 lens), the camera was able to turn itself on. There are threads on this at a couple of places on the 'net. It looks like this has been changed, too.

(3) It looks like the focus position, when the viewfinder is attached, is more like the m5 in that you can move it around on the touchscreen with your fingers

I will buy at least one.

Upvote 0