All of a sudden I'm seeing clickbait here

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
davidj said:
In related news, I'm now seeing a "Canon Rumors would like to send you push notifications" notification at the top of the page

I wondered what kind of push notification it needs to send. Deals?

I can bear some ads - to cover the costs of running Canon Rumors-, as long as they are not very stupid and ugly clickbaits.

But it looks targeted ads don't work so well (or may there aren't enough photo-related ones), and so we have those... which also make me very afraid of the security of those ads, because when one (the ads network, not CanonRumos) is ready to deliver that kind of contents for easy money , surely they don't care about anything else.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
YuengLinger said:
Now I realize I've never accepted the offer on my Android to have this site push notifications. Maybe that's why I'm not seeing the offensive garbage.

What is pushing notifications? I am not getting any adds but did see something like you refer to and didn't respond.

Jack

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Jack Douglas said:
YuengLinger said:
Now I realize I've never accepted the offer on my Android to have this site push notifications. Maybe that's why I'm not seeing the offensive garbage.

What is pushing notifications? I am not getting any adds but did see something like you refer to and didn't respond.

Jack

Ha ha, I wasn't sure either what they were, so I didn't go for it.

Upvote 0