Another Canon camera shows up for certification

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Another Canon camera has shown up for certification, this one is codenamed DS126838, which follows the DS126832 from a couple of weeks ago.
Both cameras appear to use the same battery and are likely the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6.
You will see a Speedlite 600EX-RX mentioned in this certification, could this be a possible typo? It’s likely, but I have been told that a new flagship Speedlite is on the way.
Check out the certification data below.

Continue reading...

Andy Westwood

EOS R6
CR Pro
Dec 10, 2016
UK
I’m looking forward to seeing the full spec of both cameras but particularly the R6. Time for canon to shine and catchup on lost ground to Sony.

The R6 needs to be at least as good but in reality, better than the current A7 III just to catch up as I guess the A7 IV isn’t far away and will make further improves on an already fantastic camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
I’m looking forward to seeing the full spec of both cameras but particularly the R6. Time for canon to shine and catchup on lost ground to Sony.

The R6 needs to be at least as good but in reality, better than the current A7 III just to catch up as I guess the A7 IV isn’t far away and will make further improves on an already fantastic camera.

The R6 must substantially surpass any Sony product in the segment price point, similar to the R5 specs if they are true. Just matching is called just catching up then left behind in a few weeks by Sony again as far as perception.
Canon still is over all superior but the you tube weenies will never admit that.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

David_E

Macrophotography
Sep 12, 2019
www.flickr.com
The R6 must substantially surpass any Sony product in the segment price point, similar to the R5 specs if they are true. Just matching is called just catching up then left behind in a few weeks by Sony again as far as perception.
You concern yourself over the possibility that this or that brand comes out with some feature that Canon doesn’t have? Your anxiety level must be through the roof.

Canon still is over all superior but the you tube weenies will never admit that.
OK, now I get it. You’re not actually a photographer. Your hobby is reading and watching criticism and fuming that not everyone holds your views. I could say more, but I’m off to take my little M5, whose specs on paper are easily surpassed by many cameras, out for some nature photography. and not give a thought to what anyone might think of that.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Mahk43

EOS R6
CR Pro
Feb 28, 2020
France
www.clarenc.art
OK, now I get it. You’re not actually a photographer. Your hobby is reading and watching criticism and fuming that not everyone holds your views.
I think he was sarcastic but also realist about the fact that a lot of people on the social medias, are very agressive against all SONY competitors.
Social medias are SONY's private garden

Upvote 0
I'm eager to get mitts on an R5, and I hope Canon is able to get those out the door reasonably quickly, but Canon should be most worried about the R5 successor.

Canon has a habit of dropping the mic with occasional releases (5d2, 6d1, 1dx, 7d2) and then not paying any attention to the line for 4 years or so. And then, not letting that new version live up to the quite same notoriety as the original. A thing happens. People assume - wrongly - that because the 6d came out with better low light focusing than the 5d3, that this is part of the intent of the 6d line. Then, when the 6d2 comes out, people complain because it's not better than the 5d4. I hope this doesn't happen with the new R5 line.

Sony will probably have an answer to the R5. We should all hope that it does, and that it's fantastic. Sony will also probably come out with a successor to that new camera in only 2 years. Hopefully, this completely expected market condition will push Canon to target an update in a similar timeframe. One could argue that the R5 spec list looks like it might keep a performance lead for longer than 2 years without refresh, but I'm quite sure that's not the case - and that the fact that it's not the case is a good thing for all of us.

It's a good time to be a photographer.*

*So long as you're not concerned about being paid for it.

Upvote 0
Also maybe a astro version of an r5 or r6?!

I don't hope that the R6 will only have 20 megapixel! Should be a better 26mp or at least a really good and new 24mp?!

I think that is super unlikely bc in the pass they have released an Astro version very 8 years. So I doubt they will do a new one so soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2014
Why are people here so concerned with catching up to or beating Sony? As long as Canon produce some fine cameras and give people a reason to upgrade, I don’t get the Sony obsession. Out in the real world, specs aren’t the be all and end all. It all comes down to what you intend to photograph (or video) and the camera that gets the job done for you. I’ve seen plenty of great shots taken with the Ricoh GR III that have been displayed in galleries, for example.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
You concern yourself over the possibility that this or that brand comes out with some feature that Canon doesn’t have? Your anxiety level must be through the roof.

OK, now I get it. You’re not actually a photographer. Your hobby is reading and watching criticism and fuming that not everyone holds your views. I could say more, but I’m off to take my little M5, whose specs on paper are easily surpassed by many cameras, out for some nature photography. and not give a thought to what anyone might think of that.

Correct I am NOT a paid photographer, nor is it a hobby I live and die by.
Been doing it though for over 60 years all across the world while serving in the Army and now as a part of my Architecture.
I lose no sleep over this but just get tired of you types who do weenie out on every canon product and it would be fun to laugh and see the machinations dreamed up to try to put Canon down due to color of lettering etc.
I have many hobbies and photography is an integral part of them to record successes in those hobbies.
I have won national awards and recognition for my work in photography in various venues.
So I have some skill and generally use a simpler model and lens for that work.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0