Any familar with Peak Design Camera straps

Sep 1, 2014
i have the wrist and neck straps, the first versions, black narrow ones. absolutely no issues and they feel great with my M5, EXCEPT they issued some recall some months back of their V3 anchors (which you put on the camera) and they would have replaced them for free with the V4 ones but the V4 do not fit through the smaller holes on my M5...i haven't had a fail but i keep a closer eye on the anchors.
anyway, any new straps come with their newest anchors which are ok but, as i said, don't fit on mirrorless cameras...

Upvote 0

jd7

CR Pro
Feb 3, 2013
I have used a "Slide" as my regular strap for a few years now and it's been very good. I had one issue with the coating/glue on part of the strap deteriorating at one point but Peak Design were great to deal with and sorted it out for me very quickly.

I prefer my Black Rapid Sport for long hikes (especially if I'm wearing a large backpack as well) but for every day use I've been very happy with the Slide. (Not sure if Peak Design has anything similar to the BR Sport these days or not.)

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Hi!
I'm using many Peak Design items, including neck straps in different width.
Until now, the only one which has disappointed me was the WIDEST one, since the length set needs readjusting every 10 minutes. Maybe they have improved the locking system in the meantime?
But the one you seem interested in, I can strongly recommend, it's easy to adjust, to remove, very reliable. Buy it without any hesitation!

Upvote 0

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
Hi!
I'm using many Peak Design items, including neck straps in different width.
Until now, the only one which has disappointed me was the WIDEST one, since the length set needs readjusting every 10 minutes. Maybe they have improved the locking system in the meantime?
But the one you seem interested in, I can strongly recommend, it's easy to adjust, to remove, very reliable. Buy it without any hesitation!

Thanks for reco. I have had problems w/ my BR sliding to full extension.

Upvote 0